In a fear- inspiring way I am adequately made

by toby888 3 Replies latest jw friends

• toby888
    toby888

What I have learned from evolution, heh heh.

• rmt1
    rmt1

Good word choice. Adequate, from pp of adaequare, to make equal to. Still, I have to admit, and creationists can get all medieval on this, but I haven't yet heard a good evolutionary explanation for the storage capacity of our brains that sometimes appears to be 'excess' to the necessity of the environment. Is it excess? adequate? wonderful? C'est l'e'ternite' dans leur coeurs? Anyway, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4251299.stm

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

he he, funny. pretty much, it's all about niche. ecological niche, until recently. recently in the earths grand history, of which we are a tiny drop in the bucket.

the human brain stopped evolving in response to environmental and biological pressures, and started coevolving along with culture. this is because technology has limited the environmental pressures, and the mind responds the fastest to cultural pressures. hence a sort of exponetial cultural, and intellectual advancement. researchers have been finding also, in this age of video games, reality tv, and internet, that IQ-wise, people are actually getting smarter.

but brain evolution was due to ecological niche-filling for a long time. now the mind responds to cultural niche, of which technology is a part.

TS

• skinnyboy
    skinnyboy

so where does telepathy fit in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit