I was stalked...

by onesong 4 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

After making it clear to everyone that I no longer wanted anything to do with the Borg (I haven't been to a meeting in 9 months) . I moved across town and told no one , not even my family. Within 3 weeks I saw a van slowly driving by with elders in it scoping out my car. Three days later they came a'knockin.

I wish these poor brothers could step outside of themselves and see what this religion turns them into.

I invited them in and calmly explained that I simply no longer believed what they believed any more.(This is all after I had the CO and DO visit my old place twice and I didn't bother answering.)

By the way there is a great new book out by Harold Bloom called "Jesus and Yahweh". I heard him give a lecture on it recently at Harvard. It was excellent. He concluded by saying that he thought the world would be a better place if we took the maniacle god Yahweh, buried him and never heard from him again!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Onesong, so true, so true:

I wish these poor brothers could step outside of themselves and see what this religion turns them into.
  • Crumpet
    Crumpet

i agree that it is bit creepy but at least they are making an effort with you - many of us leave and 14 years on still haven;t had a call....

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hmmmm I wonder if those who are trying to fade can get a restraining order based on the anti-stalking laws?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I went hunting

National Center for victims of crime

http://www.ncvc.org/ncvc/main.aspx?dbName=DocumentViewer&DocumentID=32514

Stalking, commonly defined as "the willful, malicious and repeated following or harassing of another person" is gaining recognition and credibility as a serious crime in the United States. Victims of stalking include those currently at risk of physical and/or emotional harm, and those in constantly pending danger, but not immediately at risk. Women are the victims of stalking in disproportionate numbers (Puente, 1992).

While the impact of stalking is commonly minimized by society, the actions of stalkers can be extremely threatening and dangerous to their victims. Stalking can escalate to violence. Stalking victims frequently live in fear and terror. Often they are forced to alter their lives significantly in attempts to find safety and freedom from the harassing behavior of former spouses, ex-partners or strangers.

or JWs seeking to find evidence of sin!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit