recruiters methods

by nelly 4 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly
    nelly

am looking for info on recruiters methods and how to spot that is what someone is up to
    nelly

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Not too sure what exactly you're asking for. If its along the lines of how to spot someone trying to get u to join their cult, you might try this link.

[url] http://www.freeminds.org/psych/consumer.htm[/url]

there are plenty more like it if that is what you are looking for.

• nelly
    nelly

sorry I took so long to get back to you,
    I'm talking about the kind that join already existing support groups/mailing lists and then once theyve got fully introduced or have been on the list a while, with each post add yet another link to their own mailing lists, support boards,
    nelly

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Nelly [Olson], you're not giving me much to work with here (lol)

I would think it all depends on what the links are for. If they link to a website that provides further information on a subject related to the support group, then maybe its just potentially useful information to someone.

Otherwise if it links to some sort of commercial site, that might be something to discourage. Some emails seem to have a link inserted by the email provider and aren't necessarily endorsed by the email sender.

Then again, it could be just shameless self-promotion of your own board at the expense of hijacking someone elses. Many of us might not have been here if it weren't for Simon's advertising on H20. Sometimes multiple boards/support groups/mailing lists can co-exist without harming each other.

Path

• nelly
    nelly

hahahahaha, bleedin nelly olson, I'd look stoopid in ringlets heh heh,
    yep I know that support groups can co-exist happily ever after, I'm seeing something that is worrying me going on, and although theres not a lot I can do about it, I would like to post out a few warnings so that newbies can be aware that there are nasty people that troll the sites picking up people to further their own cause or ego as opposed to the *support* that they seem to be offering,
    dont suppose theres any chance you could email me onside? so I can explain myself a little better?
    my emails in my profile
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit