Anyone here from Tucson or San Diego Congregations during the 70's?

by Sheepish 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Just thought I'd ask! I have been praying for certain friends and family and hope one day to see them free!

• sf
    sf

I used to drive out to La Jolla during 1976-77 with a friend who lived there but came to town to visit family. It was a blast. Great beaches! And Tifannys restaurant had this awesome avocado salad and these delicious fruit smoothies.

Sometimes, not all, we would actually go to a meeting. Mostly though, we lay on the beach.

sKally

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

I woulda been in the La Jolla cong 77-78ish...I loved La Jolla too. Worked at the dry cleaners there for a while.. Didn't have a lot of money as a single, and also pioneering occasionally, but I remember going with some other young adults to a bar in PB that had a great spaghetti special, like a dollar or two a plate...and there was a tea room with an outside patio we'd frequent...

• sf
    sf

I was disfellowshipped the summer of '77. Then "left" town shortly thereafter. Have never been back to La Jolla since.

Thus the friendship ceased.

Par.

Nice chatting with you.

sKally

• r51785
    r51785

I attended La Jolla congregation from 1974 to 1980. In 1980 I left the dubs.

I was a pioneer until 1976 and an MS until 1979.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit