New Light in all it's different forms...

by Abaddon 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

If you've followed the news in the past couple of years or so you'll know that the IRA has a splinter group called the Real IRA...

A group of friends and I were having a laugh about this after they commited their first terrorist outrage. How anyone can consider blowing people up when they are shopping any 'Realer' than the original IRA I don't know, but we thought, if there's a Real IRA, maybe there are other splinter groups.

Like the Surreal IRA, who yell 'BANG' loudly in public places instead of blowing up bombs.

Or the Minimalistic IRA who have very, very small bombs.

Or the Nihlistic IRA, who just can't be bothered with blowing things up.

Or the Mime IRA who throw themselves to the ground and cover themselves in ketchup.

This, and the habit of brands of food, drink, and cleaning products to add 'new' in front of their name at the slightest opportunity got me to thinking about 'New Light'.

In all its forms...

New Light; we weren't wrong, we just... weren't... er... right, but we are now.

Newer Light; well, we knew we were, er, er, UNRIGHT! Brilliant!, we knew we were unright, but it turns out the new right we were after we were unright is actually unright, but we are sure we are right now.

Ultra Light; would you believe we were unright again? But, you just read most of what you believed into the vauge statements we made last time we admitted we were unright, so we were unright, but it's your fault. Now we're right! Good thing we're gods organisation, otherwise people would think we were just any other religion the way we reform doctrine all the time.

Strobe Light; you can do it. No, no, sorry, we were wro..., er, I mean to say, unright, you can't do it. Oh, no! Sorry. We read that scripture with our distance glasses on, and now with our reading glasses on it looks like you can do it, but don't tell anyone, as our wives won't go near the old fellow so we don't want to hear about anyone else getting any. Oh! No, sorry, we were unright again, but this time we'll water down the reprecussions of being unright and make sure we never mention the fucking subject again.

New Ultra Light; Ah, well, on deeper consideration, we realise we were right all along, and were in fact never wrong, as being wrong enabled us to see how right we were.

New Light with fizzy dirt-dissolving things; And this time it gets dirt out of your book-bag!!!

New Light in gel caplets; less mess, straight to the heart of not being right again.

Retro Light; same as new ultra light but in sepia packaging.

Classic Light; when the congregation hasn't fully caught-on to the newest light, and half still believe the old light.

Light Lite; a little change, let's hope you don't notice... also known as minimalistic light, see also under 'Questions from Readers'.

Bud Lite; the guy in Brooklyn who thinks this shit up.

Light Sabre; his dog...

(edited for tupos, spilling & grimmer)

• outnfree
    outnfree

roflol, Abaddon!!!

Thanks for belly laugh to start my day. This is a keeper, printing it now...

outnfree

outnfree

Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((Aba))))))))
    Brilliantly hilarious! Thanks,Like outnfree says,this is a keeper!!
    ((((outnfree))))))))) hey there

Thanks again Abaddon! luv to all,Tina

• JanH
    JanH

LOL, Abadoon! Brilliant!

- Jan
    --
    Faith, n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. [Ambrose Bierce, The DevilĀ“s Dictionary, 1911]

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Abaddon,

The best "new light" of all would come if you would willing submit yourself again to the "Collective" and become one of the GB! Then we could really see some new light come out of the Borg!

The best new light of all would be..."hey, we recognize now that we were a bunch of dumb smucks with good intentions but something didn't quite go right and the light never got very bright and now we are the blind leading the blind...but things will be much better now that we realize how incompetent and disillusioned we are and instead of wasting millions of trees printing our magazines, all of us are going to go out and plant trees, help with neighborhood projects, teach people basic job survival skills, and warn people about how stupid you can really get by not using your mind to think for yourself."

Somehow though, I think there is more of a chance of finding little green men living on Mars then realizing the day when I see an apology from the Borg.

Skipper

• Englishman
    Englishman

Abaddon,

Did you hear about the IRA terrorist who tried to blow up a bus and burnt his mouth on the exhaust pipe?

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit