Crazy Comments

by Cori 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Cori
    Cori

Was there a comment made at a meetin g that finally convinced you, this is not right? For me a couple of months ago was in the Service meeting, they stated that if the children didnt finish their homework because they were studying the bible or at a meeting that teachers should understand that their meetings and study are more important. I looked at my wife and went "WHAT"?? Or the speaker who said that if we are going to miss a meeting, it should be because of one of the "three F's" "Fever, Fire, Funeral" I laughed so hard, everyone turned around to look at me.

Anybody heard something like that, that struck them??

• luna2
    luna2

Cori, I heard so many weird comments that I don't know if I can pick out just one or two. I do know that when the mentally retarded sister's (who they'd try to call on at least once during the WT study) comments started making as much sense as some of the nominally less mentally challenged friends' comments, I knew it was time to go.

• magoo
    magoo

this was not a comment.....but it was in a public prayer that got a few giggles....my guess, even from 'hova himself! it was in a congregation in espanola, new mexico. one of the hispanic bros prayed: " forgive us for our falling shorts."

magoo

• vitty
    vitty

Luna 2 Now that was funny !!!!!!!!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

"Watching primetime dramas can make you think that's how your life should be...full of sex & lies."

Puuleeeeeze!!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One time, a long time ago, while out in service, we saw a bird eating roadkill and this 'loving brother' (yeah, right!) said: "Soon the birds will have a feast eating so much flesh after Armageddon". Then, everyone in the van broke out laughing and saying how they just "couldn't wait!"

I thought such comment, and with the tone of voice and the facial expression it was said, was among the most horrible things I had heard ever!

It only made me more determined to leave the cultish mindset of the WBTS.

DY

• daystar
    daystar

magoo

" forgive us for our falling shorts."

You have got to be kidding me. We heard about that over and over again as having originated in multiple places. I always thought it more of an urban legend, sort of like the lady calling PC support claiming to have broken her PC's "cup holder".

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

I have heard the one about the birds having so much to eat after Armageddon destroys all the bad people also. It was creepy. The comment was like "Imagine the day when vultures are eating the bodies of the people killed by Jehovah at Armageddon, what privilege would it be for the ones that survive to be there and witness all these acts."

I also heard someone commenting about the importance of preparing for the meetings and that it should come before any high school, college or other secular related studies or home work. I was shaking my head on that one.

• magoo
    magoo

.......was at the meeting on a cold, snowy northern new mexico wintery friday night(1968), when i should have been at an exciting friday night high school football game when it was prayed...i kid you not. my "not so perfect" jw dad explained the way hispanics think in spanish & try to speak in english had something to do with the way it came out. "falling shorts= short fallings"

magoo

• Spectre
    Spectre

I remember a talk where the elder was saying how horrible it would be if while saying a prayer before sleeping if we fell asleep. "That's like hanging up on God." Uhmmm....if I feel like saying a prayer for so long that I happen to fall asleep, is God really going to be so pissed off at me if I don't say all the proper "in Jesus Christ name, amen?"

The same guy once said at an assembly, "Don't tell me why you can't pioneer, you go home tonight and tell Jehovah why you can't pioneer." Ohhhh, ouch, how am I going to squirm out of that one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit