Armageddon/Wikipedia

by jstalin 7 Replies latest jw friends

• jstalin
    jstalin

All,

I added an item to the Wikipedia Jehovah's Witness article which was removed as an "erroneous belief." I believe it is correct, but I need some help. I added using info from the Quotes site, as well as from Reasoning from the Scripures:

* Belief that only Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon and that all others on Earth will be killed by Jehovah, including children.

They also removed a change I made from this:

* Belief that God has a visible organization, and that there is only one true religion. (Matthew 7:13, 14; Ephesians 4:4-6)

To this:

* Belief that God has a visible organization, known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, and that there is only one true religion. (Matthew 7:13, 14; Ephesians 4:4-6)

Apparently someone doesn't like the fact that I pointed out the name of god's visible organization. If the name of the organization isn't WTBTS, then what is it?

• Mary
    Mary

Who removed it? Both of your statements above are indeed correct.........

• gumby
    gumby

Case anyones wondering

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah's_Witnesses

Gumby

Edited to add........Mary....what the hell you doin up this damn early?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Good for you mate my link was at JW page and a dub hacked it out,keep up the vigil.

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumbers asked me: Mary....what the hell you doin up this damn early?

It's 8:30am here hon and I've just arrived at work..........what the heck time is it in California?? I guess you're up so early cause you're going Street Witnessing this morning right?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

In practice, it is the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses", jstalin. A relatively new Organization.

But, in reality, Jehovah's Witnesses don't state anywhere what the true Organization is, I have scoured their publications. It raises an interesting question regarding apostasy and baptism, though. If you don't even know what the Organization is, how can you reasonably be expected to affirm association to it, and how can you reasonably be expected not to draw away from it?

Also, you need to be aware that this particular wiki is moderated, as are the others in the Jehovah's Witnesses project.

AuldSoul

• jstalin
    jstalin

Well, I just added this one:

* Belief that Jehovah's Witnesses who are in communion with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society are the only true Christians.

We'll see how long it lasts.

• under74
    under74

* Belief that only Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon and that all others on Earth will be killed by Jehovah, including children.

They also removed a change I made from this:

* Belief that God has a visible organization, and that there is only one true religion. (Matthew 7:13, 14; Ephesians 4:4-6)

To this:

* Belief that God has a visible organization, known as the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society, and that there is only one true religion. (Matthew 7:13, 14; Ephesians 4:4-6) Apparently someone doesn't like the fact that I pointed out the name of god's visible organization. If the name of the organization isn't WTBTS, then what is it?

As far as I now the belief is that only JWs will survive BUT I think the WTS being pc has sent out the message that "only Jehovah knows what's in a person's heart." It all depends on whether a person has been preached to and if they've accepted or rejected. My mom always tolld me that armegeddon would happen when everyone had been told about JWs....yup, even at 8 years old it seemed stupid.

Not sure where wiki. thinks you didn't go through the "organization" thing. sounds true to me. Maybe try to edit a different section of the wikipedia JW page?? If it's done again...let me know, I'll complain and maybe we could get others to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit