all the answers

by googlemagoogle 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

we all know those "experiences" of someone becoming a JW because "the JWs answered all my questions". indeed, JWs got loads of answers and to many people an answer is better than no answer. interestingly they can also easily link contradicting situations to the same reason.

one example -

situation 1: a congregation has lots of studies, numbers increase, everything works perfectly.

jw comment: jehovah is blessing his loyal witnesses. we can see how the harvesting work is on it's peak. this definately is a sign of the last days.

situation 2: a congregation is falling apart. huge scandals happen amongst the brothers. lot's of arguments, problems and wrongdoing is going on.

jw comment: now satan's spirit is even entering jehovah's people. he knows his time is short. this definately is a sign of the last days.

two completely contradicting situations, both are linked to signs of the last days (using such "answers" just about anything can be a sign...)

another example -

situation 1: a new war with high media-coverage starts. there are reports of natural disasters and famines.

jw comment: those are signs that prove we are living in the last days.

situation 2: the media covers international approaches for stability and peace. ordinary stuff is going on, no outrageous events happen.

jw comment: as foretold in the bible, whenever they say "peace and security", sudden destruction will come over them. this definately is a sign of the last days.

add your own examples.

• gumby
    gumby

Anyone who loves something enough will bury it's failure in excuses.

A womans husband beats her on occation

Reason: He doesn't mean to do this and is always terribly sorry. This is how his parents treated him. He really really loves me.

Many times....religion included....... in peoples eyes, the good aspects of it outweigh the bad.

Gumby

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Apostate happy: Satan "blesses" him/her.

Apostate unhappy: God "curses" him/her.

Heads I win, tails you lose, as we used to say in schoolyards.

Satan is a remarkable generator of consistency, inasmuch as he himself needs no consistency. Just Jesus' point to the scribes according to Mark 3:22ff.

• TD
    TD

This is one of my favorites:

1. The good news being preached by "God's people" worldwide proves that we are living in the "time of the end."

2. The good news being preached in the "time of the end" proves Jehovah's Witnesses are "God's people."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit