Zoo time and silly things

by Quentin 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

I sent an e-mail tonight that got me all nostalgic. When I was in my late teens myself and two or three others from the KH would go over to Forest Park in Ft. Worth, usualy winding up at the zoo, it was free back then. All of us being JWs we had a lot of pent up energy and would invent games to play, which often involved chasing each other around with water pistols, this we did at the zoo.

We had another past time. After the Friday meeting we would go the Lone Star Drive Inn on Lancaster Blvd. hang out awhile, chat up the young sisters that were there, then pile into a car and drive over to the Botanic Gardens, back then no fences or locked gates. There we would play hide-n-seek, geez it's a wonder we didn't get arrested, or worse, stabbed by some irate boyfriend out on a hot date. One night we did this at the zoo, it was kind of scary since we got chased by the security people. There were other things, like the time we went swimming at the Forest Park pool after it closed, sans clothes, except me. I couldn't get over the fence.

Anybody else do silly things. Know you did, come on fess up.

• Quentin
    Quentin

bttt

• Quentin
    Quentin

Thought I'd give this topic another try....anyone out there do "silly" things to pass the time? By the way, if you can picture it, Terry was part of the group as well. Young male jw's with pent up hormones will do odd things to blow of steam....we did....

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Quentin.

Be back. I'm ...

I must've led a dull life or else it's some senior moment[s].

CoCo

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I wouldn't know about stuff like that myself since I spent all my childhood and adolescence as a bitter loner. I was the outsider who was always left out of the loop. I'm sure that the "cool" kids I knew did at least some weird (corrupt?) stuff like that but I never had fist-hand knowledge of it. Yep, a rather dull life for me too.
    Anyone out there at all who's done stuff like that? Anyone willing to admit to it? (Maybe not)

V665

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am just now getting stories from my sons about the antics they and their JW friends were up to as teens .

So far they have shared :

They pulled each other on sleds behind their cars , stole yard holiday decorations , rolled bowling balls down hilly streets in subdivisons . A few snuck into the local pool and swam at night . Under age drinking ....once they soaked a whole bottle of vodka into a watermelon and then ate it and got sick . Wandering around rural cemetaries at night playing hide and seek . Climbing cell phone tower !

I am sure they have more stories ....just not ones Mom will ever hear

• compound complex
    compound complex

Oh, yeah ... now I remember! I did all of the above but usually got caught!

Thanks, TM, for jogging my memory.

Was it you who turned me in?!?!?

Huh?

CoCo

Thanks, Quentin.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Not me CoCo ! My lips are sealed .....

Actually I had no clue that my kids did half of this until they were adults and no longer feared my wrath !

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My youngest son told me a story about he and his JW buddies were out in the country at a road construction site . There was huge rock piles and culvert type pipes . They were cold and crawled inside the pipe and lit a small fire ......unknown to them the pipe was lined with some type of oil and it lit a fireball that rolled throught the tube with them in it !!!! Scared them, but thank goodness didn't catch them on fire .

• Quentin
    Quentin

Ah fires. There was a steep shore incline at Lake Worth, large flat rocks hade fallen in such a way that one very large rock created a small cave. We, having nothing else to do, built a fire. It got out of hand and set the whole hill side on fire. Don't know how we managed but got it put out. I had skipped school that day and ruined one of my best shirts in the processes.

I think young jw's have a maddness that comes over them. TM, what your sons told you, we too, did many simular things as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit