WTS BREAKS FUNDING PROMISE

by Amazing 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

WTS BREAKS FUNDING PROMISE

In 1968, when I became associated with the JWs, it was strongly impressed upon me that the Watch Tower Society does not, nor will ever solicit funds or contributions. This was stated to explain why they do not pass Collection Plates, like the Churches, and that they rely totally on Jehovah for needed funds. This sounded good to me.

Charles Taze Russell, founder, as leader and Faithful and Discreet Slave, appointed by Jehovah to restore Truth in these Last Days, said under Spirit-Direction:

”Zion’s Watch Tower” has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: “All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,” fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication. - August 1879 Watchtower, p.2.

When Jimmy Swaggert Ministries, Inc. lost its case against the State of California before the U.S. Supreme Court - the same case that the Watch Tower Society took great interest by filing an Amicus Curiae in support of Swaggert’s position - the Watch Tower Society commenced soliciting contributions for the Worldwide Kingdom Work - contributions from JWs through the Kingdom Hall and directly through private donations and the estates of decedents.

Articles and talks were given, and continue to be on the importance of giving to support the Worldwide Kingdom activity. I know, I gave some of those talks, and recall this as a serious departure from what C.T. Russell stated over 110 years earlier - that is - the Watch Tower Society broke its promise, breached its published agreement, and thus became guilty of violating its fiduciary obligation to its members. It became guilty of shredding a most basic value, trust. -Amazing

• Scott77
    Scott77

Money matters in these times.

Scott77

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'never beg nor petition men for support.'

What a load of crap!

Just this past year (Sept. 2013) in the L.A., Ventura, Riverside and Orange Counties in California, WT began a fund raising drive to collect $200 milion.

All the head of households (family heads) of these congregations in these counties were hoodwinked into agreeing to a resolution to support an immediate effort to collect $200 million within a relatively short period of time (less than 2 years) supposedly to build 72 Kingdom Halls. Each Kingdom Hall is stated to cost on average (land and building) $2,775,000.00.

What this resolution amounts to is a solicitation by WT to the families of these congregations; most of whom already have there own Kingdom Hall to maintain!

WT even has the audacity to give this fund raiser a name...'L.A. Kingdom Hall Construction Fund' with its own separate collection box.

Each month an accounts report is to be read to each congregation, intended to remind the members of these congregations of their obligation.

In the mean time WT continues to lie to its member by saying... We will 'never beg nor petition men for support.'

• Scott77
    Scott77

I think, the WTS in this respect, is behaving like a mother of all religious-inspired hypocrisy.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit