Question about internet providers

by Insomniac 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Hi, all! I'm back online for now, although my living arrangements are still sort of up in the air. Just in case anyone was wondering about my sudden absence...

Anyhow, I'm trying to find an ISP for my bf, who frequently travels for his job. He needs one he can use in the US and in other countries he's in, such as Japan, Australia, and Spain. He was using AOL, but they're so expensive, and they charged him for time he wasn't online. This is the same bf I've mentioned in the past, so we've already established that he likes things that are cheap, fast, and don't demand a long-term commitment; I assume this holds true for internet service as well.

Any suggestions?

• thom
    thom

Years ago I used Compuserve. But now that they're AOL so they're useless.
    I switched to Earthlink for traveling. In the U.S. I can usually find a local dialup number, or I use the 800 number. Outside the U.S. Earthlink provides access to many ISP's. I've dialed up in Scotland, Wales, France, Germany, Japan and Taiwan without any trouble.
    Using the 800 number and International access costs a bit extra, but it really wasn't all that expensive.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Many thanks, Thom; I'll pass this on to him.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Google "free ISP" for the countries he is visiting.

I found one in OZ that did the job very nicely while I was visiting.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Great idea, Black Sheep- we'll give that a shot.

"Oz" means Australia, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit