My 4-Yr Old Niece Casts Judgement

by truth1 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truth1
    truth1

So, I was talking to my sister and she was quite disturbed. We grew up in the JW Organization and she no longer attends the KH, neither do I. My other sister is a pioneer (BTW she was known as the biggest slut of the century). Anyway, my pioneer sister's granddaughter, whose father is disfellowshipped, was eating with my other sister who doesn't attend the KH and my sister asked her to recite some scriptures since she found out she remembered by heart a lot of scriptures. So, my 4-year great niece says to her great aunt, "I can't (recite any scriptures). My sister asked her why not, and get this, my great niece says, because you don't serve Jehovah. This kid is being forced to judge not only her own mother and father who do not attend the meetings but her own aunts. The grandmother (my sister) of this child has been feeding her malicious "food" and evil judgments. This kid has dreams and nightmares at night that Jehovah is going to destroy her.

My sister was hurt and went on to explain to the child that just because she doesn't attend the meetings doesn't mean she doesn't serve Jehovah. The child then asked her, well, do you celebrate Christmas? My sister told her no. BTW, the child does celebrate with her "unbelieving" mother and I think that's why she thinks she's going to be destroyed.

What a shame!!!

**The Truth Does Not Change**

• Gill
    Gill

It is terrible to read about what this poor little girl has been taught by some lunatic Jehovah's Witness. The mental harm they do to children and vulnerable adults is incalculable. Any body silly enough to even consider the JWs a 'good' religion needs to read about such experiences to help them reach a more educated conclusion.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember when I was 4. I wonder how many times they have had to carefully coach this child to treat her older relatives this way.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I remember an incident when I wasn't much older than 4, when I marched up to our neighbor's doorstep and announced that Jehovah was going to kill them at Armageddon because they had Halloween decorations in their yard. What a little jackass. My parents praised me for it too.

• Es
    Es

Yeah i remember being round that age and sitting on my pops knee, he was wearing a cross necklace i remember commenting on how that was bad and he was going to die or it demonic or something like that......

sad

es

• TheresMoreToCome
    TheresMoreToCome

I remember when I was little during the first few days of school, which would have made me 5, our bus driver had a practice fire drill. I wasn't sure if fire drills were allowed, so I started crying and would not leave my seat. The kid next to me thought that maybe since I wasn't allowed, he wasn't allowed either, and although he wasn't a witness, he started crying as well and held my hand. It's actually somewhat of a humorous story now.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    I remember when I was little ;during the first few days of school, which would have made me 5, our bus driver had a practice fire drill. ; I wasn't sure if fire drills were allowed, so I started crying and would not leave my seat.

That's both sad and funny at the same time. It really shows how conflicted and confused these kids are.

BTW, I also was one of those kids who would tell people they were going to die for various actions. Thinking more about it, that's quite a thought for someone 4 or 5 years old to think. No wonder JW's are so screwed up with death of their friends and neighbours always on their minds. I know as a kid it was on mine all the time.

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, about that age they are working out right and wrong. Their world is black and white, and mommy has the direct channel to God. Naomi is five, so the two of us get lots of practice with ethics. I suggested she could take more candy without asking mommy.

"No I can't that would be lying!"

"Would it be lying if you don't say anything? Just put it in your pocket for later..."

"No, not telling mommy would be lying. I'm telling her right now!"

"Mommy! Grandma gave me more candy and I put it in my pocket right here!"

Mommy, busy talking to our neighbour, waved her off, "Yes, dear, OK, OK." So the drama of the ethical dilemma was sorta diluted.

The thing to do is for Auntie to get down on her neice's level and reassure her that Jehovah loves both of them, that she is confident that Jehovah will take care of her too, and it is OK to tell her scriptures, she wants to hear them. Hugs and kisses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit