The burden against the beasts of the South

by myelaine 5 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

Through a land of trouble and anguish, from which came the lioness and the lion, the viper and fiery flying serpent, they will carry their riches on the backs of donkeys, and their treasures on the humps of camels, to a people who shall not benefit them; for the Egyptians shall help in vain and to no purpose. Therefore I have called her Rahab-Hem-Shebeth (Rahab Sits Idle).

Now go, write it before them on a tablet, and note it on a scroll, that it may be for a time to come, forever and forever: that this is a rebellious people, lying children, children who will not hear the law of the LORD; who say to the seers, "Do not see," and to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us right things; speak to us smooth things, prophesy deceits. Get out of the way, turn aside from the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel:

"Because you despise this word, and trust in oppression and perversity, and rely on them, therefore this iniquity shall be to you like a breach ready to fall, a bulge in a high wall, whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant. And He shall break it like the breaking of the potter's vessel, which is broken in pieces; He shall not spare. So there shall not be found among its fragments a shard to take fire from the hearth, or to take water from the cistern."(Isaiah 30:6-14)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

I’ll never be your beast of burden
    My back is broad but it’s a hurting
    All I want is for you to make love to me
    I’ll never be your beast of burden
    I’ve walked for miles my feet are hurting
    All I want is for you to make love to me

Am I hard enough
    Am I rough enough
    Am I rich enough
    I’m not too blind to see

• myelaine
    myelaine

"But go and learn what this means:

I desire mercy and not sacrifice.

For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

(Matthew 9:13)

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i will never repent to a god, for i am a god.

and if a god ever showed herself to me, i would still not repent. i might throw her a wink and a nudge, but never repent.

sincerely,

tetragod

• luna2
    luna2

Hi, myelaine. Sure wish I knew what it was you are trying to say. Is this your Bible reading for today?

tetra...LMAO! Very appropriate song for the post title.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tetra

I think i'll put on that song. It's fittting.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit