rise and shine

by gladdy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• gladdy
    gladdy

Did any of you all going door to door in the past wake people who were sleeping after working a night shift. What were you directed to say to these people? apologetic or ? Just wondering

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Although we were directed to never apologize for coming to people with the "good news", even if we woke them, I always did. If I'd spent all night working only to be woken up I'd want someone to apologize to me. The Golden Rule got the best of me I guess.
    tp

• carla
    carla

My friends husband works the late shift and sleeps during the day, he get irate when jw's knock on his door. I have given them the 'cease & desist' letter, but as that is only good for one year and they are back. So I sent them a bunch of (smart ass) suggestions and a sticker of 'no jw's please' for their door. So I really hope the sticker helps.

• gladdy
    gladdy

They actually make "no jw please" stickers for your door? !!

• gumby
    gumby

I always said the same line when I disrupted someones eating or sleeping...." oh I'm sorry, I'll come back another time when it more conveinient".

In the last part of my dub years......It was a relief when I didn't have to make a presentation and I was glad when no one was home or I came at a bad time.....such as wakin them up.

I haven't met too many dubs who felt heartbroke they didn't get to talk to enough people in service on any given day. It's like on Sunday when they announce the speaker didn't show up and we got to go home early.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the speaker didn't show up and we got to go home early

You lucky buggar gumbastard, we didn't! We had to endure a two hour WT study!!!!!

• gumby
    gumby
    We had to endure a two hour WT study!!!!!

That's cuz you live so damn far away from N.Y. that down under dubs still believe russell was the laodician messenger.......ya dadgum shiraz guzzlin, kangarro ridin bastage you!

Actually, only rarely did some gungho wannabe CO elder have his own personal talk handy to bail us out. I think they wanted to go home too.......the damn spiritual unappreciatin bastards!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit