A Few Simple Conclusions

by mrquik 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrquik
    mrquik

I had 50 years in. Here's a few (personal) observations to live by:

1. The one true religion is not here. I believe to be long dead before it's appearance.

2. All good people come back.

3. Time stands still for the dead.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I used to say if the JW don't have the "truth" ( true religion ) then it doesn't exist ( YET ) so I have 50 in before I woke and I agree with you.

I find it interesting Jesus told the Samaritan woman, people wouldn't be worshipping in any certain place, but in spirit and in truth...we don't need big business parading as religions to entrap us. They are cons.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@mrqwik,

1. The one true religion is not here. I believe to be long dead before it's appearance.
    2. All good people come back.
    3. Time stands still for the dead.

That's what JW's believe! I can see why you would think that after 50 years of WT mind control.

• oncebitten
    oncebitten

The truth IS JESUS. The true "religion" IS CHRIST IN YOU. It's not a buidling or one denomination. Its the BODY of BELIEVERS who are all over the world in every nation who are trusting in Jesus' blood which paid for their sins. They look just like you and me and they obey Christ's commands to love one another because they are thankful for the FREE GIFT OF SALVATION!

REPENT of religion!!! FIND JESUS! You wont find the perfect CHURCH. The people are the church! Find true believers who trust in Jesus' LOVE and you will find LOVE. You will also find ways to serve others in LOVE OUT OF a JOYFUL THANKFUL HEART.

Be tenderhearted and forgiving as Christ forgave YOU! Yes, worship in spirit (Holy Spirit) and truth (Jesus)!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

True Religion?

"True" is just marketing puffery. It's a lot like saying "Best" laundry soap. "Greatest" movie ever made. #1 Car brand.

Meaning of Puffery in Advertising Examples 2024 (biznewske.com)

• Balaamsass2
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

Even in biblical times. No body ever had complete control. Moses was the mediator between God and the nation of Israel. Yet Moses couldn’t carry out the priestly duties, a responsibility reserved for Aaron. David was a king yet it was Samuel who appointed him, and Nathan who held him accountable for his indiscretion with Bathsheba. There were good kings with bad prophets and bad prophets with good kings, and when god saw necessary he even went out side the nation of Israel. The Persian ruler Cyrus is called his appointed one, and Jobe had no affiliation to the nation of Israel at all. In fact he was Asian.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Maybe true religion is agnosticism. Every culture seems to have a need for explanation of life and creation.

In my case the higher power better hurry because I am getting old. A separate spirit doesn't fit because there would be an overflow from all the discarded bodies

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MRQUIK:

I read your bio. It appears you went back to the JWs after the scare of 1975(?). You were among the ones scared back.. But so many ended up leaving after that. I wasn’t in the religion yet.

I tend to agree with your summation but I wonder about (2).. I also agree after all is said and done that there is NO ‘true’ religion here.. But people can go on believing whatever they want!

• Biahi
    Biahi

LHG, I agree that there is no “true” religion. But I don’t think it matters much where you choose to worship, as long as you have accepted Christ as Savior.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit