I Do Not Understand Why JWs Leave & Become Catholics!

by minimus 239 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

And here is a link regarding the Biblical Canon, a very interesting one, and how the Books of the Bible are understood by the Church

http://www.oodegr.com/english/ag_grafi/kanonas0.htm

http://www.oodegr.com/english/ag_grafi/biblia.grafis1.htm

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    The Bible was not compiled until Pope Damasus requested St. Jerome to do so in the late 4th century, which resulted in the Latin Vulgate. Until then, Christians only had word of mouth, recited creeds resembling the Apostle's Creed, and if they were lucky, they heard a copy, or partial copy of letter read that was written by an early Christian, or one of the Church Fathers like St, Ignatius, or an Apostle. It was not until around the 8th century that the Church declared the Bible to be inspired. It was not until modern printing from the 17th century (1609 and 1611) onward that Bibles even began to become available to the average household. What non-Catholics have by way of the Bible is a gift of the Catholic-Orthodox Church ... a gift that they accept largely as is ... they are in a way all daughters of Rome.

Interesting information. Thanks!

• minimus
    minimus

Amazing, Jim, are you involved in a site called governingbody letters?????

• Amazing
    Amazing

Minimus,

Amazing, Jim, are you involved in a site called governingbody letters?????

No, never heard of it. What's your point? Jim Whitney

• minimus
    minimus

Jim, on the website Lettersfrom thegoverningbodyof jehovah's witnesses, the writing on the blog has your style. Check it out. governingbodylettersblogspot.com

• mouthy
    mouthy

The Catholic church accomplishes tremendous good in feeding the hungry, running hospitals, orphanages, homes for mothers in trouble, centers for adoption of babies and children, food banks, housing programs, aiding the homeless, clinics, blood drives, giving haven to political refugees, ministering to the dying in hospices, ministering to the broken hearted and much more.

THEY DO??? Well I beg to differ. A man got off the train here in Guelph, Had lost his wallet everything in it was frantically searching ,,couldnt find it. An EXJW> Lutz Kaukle >stopped to help him... The man was a Catholic... He felt if he could get to a church they would help him ....He lived in U.S.A.... Lutz drove him there ,went in with him, the man explained his dilemma ...but sorry the Preist said we cant give out Handouts.... So Lutz gave him the money to get home.

I see by this site Religion is doing its work again DIVIDING people who wish to LOVE!!! The ONLY thing GOD requires......It brings bad vibes into the heart when you want to push your religious beliefs ...I dont accept all of the Bible it is written by MEN!!!! Isnt a man living or dead that hasnt goofed ,in actions, writings, deeds, in my opinion

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, what parts of the Bible do you not accept??

• mouthy
    mouthy

Alot of the old testement. Laws of men!! I think Proverbs was an intelligent writer. I like some of Psalms .I also like all that Jesus said in the New... . I read it daily ! ( a little) But I would be a liar to say I believe it all. Since I am not a very intelligent person,I think the Creator knows that. I am one of those discribed in Jonah 4: 11...I think Mich 6:7,8 is sage advice

• minimus
    minimus

Mouthy, I must say I'm surprised that you really don't believe in the Bible as being God's word. You haven't turned Catholic too, have ya??

• mouthy
    mouthy

You haven't turned Catholic too, have ya??

O.K. Go to the bathroom & wash out your mouth NOW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit