Posts by carla
- 18MindBlown666 in
wow....has it been a while!
i hope many of you are doing good!
it's awesome to see many of you holding strong, and keeping the site going!.
- Wonderful news! Happy for the both of you.
whats your take? When someone asks my wife what religion she is, she seems embarrassed to say she is a JW.by goingthruthemotions in
so thinking back about the times when someone has asked my wife what religion she is.
she sheepishly and seems almost embarrassed to say she is a jehovah witness.
when someone asks me, i just say i am a christian.
I have never had a jw at my door who would admit they were jw's!! even though they were the ones who came to my door (even after being a do not call). I would have to ask a minimum of three times, "are you a jehovah's witness?" before they would finally admit it. My jw's response to my question about this? "well, if we told people we were jw's right off the bat they would close the door on us". I asked him if he didn't think the jw's reputation preceded them? he didn't understand, sigh......
Talking with other non jw's about this they also agree that jw's are very reluctant to say just who they are! They can't understand why people are getting annoyed (pissed off) when they knock on our doors then refuse to say who they are with! I would say "can you imagine such behavior??!!!" but, yeah, you guys probably can. What normal person would think this is ok?
- 6joe134cd in
i just have a question regarding the mormon faith.
could a practicing mormon women who didn't work, but who was a married to a none practicing mormon man who was the sole income provider.
could she still get a temple recommend if he flatly refused to tithe.
- If you can't get an answer here maybe you could try the Mormon Curtain site. For ex Mormons and a forum similar to this one.
- In my limited experience this is the number one problem with jw's with non jw's. Even beyond the pedophile issue, I guess they assume it is so prevalent in society it could happen anywhere. They (non jw) do not understand (or believe) the jw official policy on pedophilia within the org, shunning they get.
- 26OnTheWayOut in
out at the mall with mrs. otwo, she sees a shirt on the rack that was marked down from $25 to just $4.
she holds it up and says, "should i buy this as a workout shirt?".
i tell her "no, because as soon as you figure out what it means, you won't wear it anymore.
- That is hilarious! I usually don't point these things out to my jw, I like to let him hang himself. Kind of like when he forgets he is a jw and a 'Bless You' slips out at a sneeze. Old habits die hard I guess. Gives all of us a giggle though so it's all good.
- 17Watchtower-Free in
- If I was an interested person and they locked me in...(cue the creepy movie music).... would scare the crap out of me more than any street person! oh, then add the love bombing that would happen first, yikes! I shudder to think of it! but it could make a great scary movie scene.
- 39label licker in
a special message to her daughter, ann marie if you are watching this site.
your mother is eighty-eight now and her memory is going fast.
please call her, ann marie.
How heartbreaking! My thoughts and prayers are with you Grace.
Stories like this just help me reinforce the unloving nature of jw's when I have the chance to inform people why I dislike the jw's so much. Thanks to people like Mouthy's daughter giving such a 'good' witness to the borg.
- carla in
awhile back and friend and i were discussing all the new things going on in dubland.
my friend does not post on the board much but we keep in touch on a regular basis for quite a long time now.
anyway, he has in the title of the pm oclam, i am thinking "oh good, another letter from my friend about language differences!
Awhile back and friend and I were discussing all the new things going on in dubland. My friend does not post on the board much but we keep in touch on a regular basis for quite a long time now.
Anyway, he has in the title of the pm OCLAM, I am thinking "oh good, another letter from my friend about language differences!" he can be a pretty funny guy in his letters and often comments or tells me about words down under that have different meaning than here in the US. But no, it was just about the new meetings. I wrote him back and told him I thought it was going to be about some sort of new expletive I didn't know about or something. Like when you hammer your thumb and yell "O CLAM!"
So it tickles my funny bone now to hear about the CLAM meetings and can only think of OCLAM when I see it. How about you? should the acronym be CLAM or OCLAM? isn't it actually 'Our Christian Life and Ministry'.
Are the 2015 Belgium Concert for Delegates and Kingdom Hall Cowboy Footloose Videos on Youtube for real?by Maryo in
i find these shocking.
Aren't they supposed to pay the original artists or labels to use their songs in that way? (thinking of the Elvis & Sister Sledge one in particular)
- 14minimus in
we nev could talk about politics.
now we have the freedom of speech!
- My jw (secretly) LOVES politics! it drives me crazy, when I have had enough I sweetly ask him, "I thought you were neutral?" it gives me a reprieve for a short while. Unless he is really on a roll then he says he is neutral and is just keeping up with what is going on in the world, sigh. Then I remind him the true meaning of neutral and point out he is spouting his opinion which is most definitely not neutral. I think jw-ism and political talk is much the same, both don't want to hear your opinion and only want to preach at you thinking they have some special 'truth' that the rest of us are too stupid to get. We are not too stupid, we just don't agree.