For You Know

by hillary_step 3 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

You Know,

1) What is the Bible’s definition of an apostate?
    2) What is the WTS definition of an apostate?
    3) What is your definition of an apostate?

If the answers to these questions are convergent or divergent perhaps you might comment.

I have no ax to grind and assure you that I ask these questions with sincerity attached - HS

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

You may have just opened up a jumbo-sized bag of Purina Troll Chow.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Chuck,

Actually, I ask this question of You Know seriously and without a desire to start an online war. It strikes me that the word 'apostate' has become so clouded in its usage on this Board that it has become virtually meaningless. Rather like the WTS use of the word 'Truth'.

In his post this morning, You Know used the word, it seemed to me, not in terms of definition but in terms of insult. He is obviously quite capable of defining his own intellectual understanding of this term and I really would like to know what 'makes him tick'. Frankly he strikes me as an interesting person who has certainly spent much time developing what might be viewed as an eccentric point of view but one that must isolate him somewhat from his peers.

I cannot ever remember anybody winning a heart by a verbal argument, the point might be won but not the person. Please be assured I have no need or desire for verbal conflagrations. I would much prefer to be able to contact You Know personally for such a discussion but e mail access is blocked.

I remain yours - Troll free -- HS

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I trust that you didn't take what I said as an implication that you were trolling at all. I meant that it would be tossing a bit of fuel onto YK, and getting him all fired up, especially when it comes to having a chance to "have at" us apostates.

He has recently taken to his old standby "Economic collapse is nigh!" which he has been spouting for years. You may also recall that he said, way back in 2000, that if 2001 should come around and the world was still here (which, of course, was impossible), he would fade away. This was a year after we were assured that the world would surly fall apart no later than Dec 31 of 1999. In other words, those statements which he has made which can be held to measure have ALL failed - he has been 100% wrong in every prediction he has made.

Sure, he may be an interesting person, but then again he may just be a kook. A well written kook I'll grant you, but a kook nontheless. I must say that I am surprised to hear that he has chosen to block his email address.

(Spelling edited - wcd)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit