Tonight, I talk to the elders about becoming an unbaptised publisher.

by Buck 69 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Buck,

I'm looking at the clock, figuring you're already in your meeting. I FEEL your pain. Listen to what everyone has said to you. This is serious. What you do now can affect the rest of your life! Which if you do go into their world, your life as you know it is over. Your life no longer belongs to you. Once your in, it's hell to get out.

So please, RUN LIKE HELL. Don't look back!!

shelley

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Just ask them why does Jehovah need to count time?

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

There is no way you will be happy if you keep going down that road, it is a loose loose situation.

Take it from many here who have spent years and some spent $ getting out of a vindictive and controlling cult.

You can avoid it by walking now. If you don't listen and go ahead you were warned. I hope you don't have to burn yourself on the stove to prove it was hot.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

buck ; i would tell the elders to take a flying leap of faith off the BROOKLYN BRIDGE. then i would tell my girl she can have the craptower or ME. it's simple and it hurts. make the right choice today . jump off the brooklyn bridge with the rest of them. or find a new girl who loves you for what you are. good luck...

• moanzy
    moanzy

Buck,

I was disfellowshipped for 3 years. In that time I married a man who is not JW. When I got reinstated I felt forced to go door to door even though my husband was opposed. It finally came down to an elder and his wife telling me to "go inspite of my husband and that he will either give in or he will leave". I wasn't even given a choice and my husbands feelings were not even a consideration. I do believe this is what most likely will await you.

Just a warning that your girlfriend will be made to choose. Hopefully she will choose you over this cult, but I wouldn't hold my breath especially if her whole family are JWs. It was a hard decision for me to lose my family once again, but I couldn't justify splitting my marriage up and taking my children from their dad who is a great dad!

My dad was a great dad too, but my mom chose the watchtower society over my dad and thus sentenced us to a broken home and violence and other abuses.

Moanzy

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Hey Buck - I hope we haven't scared you away dude - I know some are saying run, hide, others are asking you to check your motives.

Buck ask yourself if this is what YOU want - do you want to become a witness? Before you say that you want to become an unbaptised publisher make sure you have all the facts & have researched the religion & it's history - there are some fantastic people on here with such abundant knowledge (jaffacake, blondie - only 2 that pop into my head at the mo) I have just left the organisation because for the first time I actually looked at this religion and said "is this honestly the truth???"

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I know some are saying run, hide, others are asking you to check your motives.

Buck,

I know these suggestions are a bit strong, but as you can see, this so called "publishing company that masquerades as a religion", DOES stir up many emotions from those of us who have dedicated their lives to the WTS.

We have all been deeply hurt by the policies and man-made rules of this horrid organization. That's why we come here to share horror stories and to vent to others who understand the shunning and all the unspoken (by the WTS) little "side-rules" tha they make up as they go along---ALL designed to keep the slaves in line. Not out of any sense of "love" as you may think right now.

Buck ask yourself if this is what YOU want - do you want to become a witness? Before you say that you want to become an unbaptised publisher make sure you have all the facts & have researched the religion & it's history -

The ball is back in your court! You came here and posted your concerns, and people have taken the time to answer you honestly. It's far more than you will ever get from the Society. This is not sarcasm, it's fact---and the REAL truth.

Whatever you choose, it will affect the entire rest of your life. The least bumpy road is to just say "NO!".

Annie

• Buck
    Buck

Sorry, the meeting is Thursday night.

Some things came to a head a bit last night. I told her she was the number one priority in my life. Not God, not religion. She became quite disturbed and said my priorities were wrong. I told her I could not change the way I felt. She would always be the most important thing to me.

So Ive caved in and agreed to the meeting. After I will have to go out in field service once before they announce that iam a unbaptized publisher. I felt like complete s**t last night. But I am afraid of losing her.

I also like her qualities. This religion does have a positive effect on this girl. She is honest, dependable, and very loving. Unlike most girls in their 20s, she has her head on very straight.

Iam just afraid I will not measure up to what she wants in a JW mate.

But thank all you for your posts and suggestions.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Run Forrest, Run!

~HIll

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Buck ... if she is the most important thing to you, try putting her best interests first. She IS one of Jehovah's Witnesses. THAT will always be first in her life. Know this and act accordingly.

If you become an unbaptized publisher ... is it to please Jehovah or to get on her good side?

Being in love is a wonderful feeling. Treasure it. You deserve to be loved by someone who loves you the same way. Maybe she does and is hoping this will be a sign of it. Trouble is, if it is for the wrong reasons ... no one wins!

Don't go along with this to please any person ... that would be missing the importance altogether. Think long and hard and know what you are doing. There could be a very heavy price to pay down the road.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit