Can someone explain Ezekiel 4:12-17. Did God approve of eating Human feces?

by booker-t 10 Replies latest jw friends

• booker-t
    booker-t

Help me posters out there. My atheist cousin insist that the bible is full of contradictions, and lies and he uses Ezekiel 4:12-17 to try and prove that Jehovah is just as sick and demented as Satan the Devil. He showed me these scriptures where Jehovah told Ezekiel to bake cake using human feces but Ezekiel refused to do it. Now my question is why would Jehovah want Ezekiel to do a sick and disgusting thing like making bread with human feces? Just the mere thought of it makes me want to vomit. Maybe I am reading the scriptures wrong or something but it does say what my cousin says it says. I have never seen these verses before in my life. My cousin tells me there are many many more outrageous things in the Bible that he has shown Christians and JW's and both just turn their heads and pretend they did not see what he showed them. Alot of people feel that Jehovah and Satan are one and the same person. I have also heard Atheist say that if God exist then he has a split personality one good and one evil. Can someone out there help me with these scriptures so I can tell my cousin. Thanks

• toladest
    toladest

Actually the scripture says to cook the bread over human excrement as fuel. It does not say to put it in the bread.

But I agree that is sick and there are a lot more sick and disgusting things in the bible.

• integ
    integ

Well explained by the poster above...But may I add???..............oh forget it.

• Mac
    Mac

We're having pooparoni..it's made with fresh e-coli...

pooparoni's fun to eat...

pooparoni can't be beat...

Hooray!!!..for pooparoni!

• kls
    kls

Oh Mac , i could not agree with you more

• aniron
    aniron

12 Eat the food as you would a barley cake; bake it in the sight of the people, using human excrement for fuel." 13 The LORD said, "In this way the people of Israel will eat defiled food among the nations where I will drive them."

14 Then I said, "Not so, Sovereign LORD! I have never defiled myself. From my youth until now I have never eaten anything found dead or torn by wild animals. No unclean meat has ever entered my mouth."

15 "Very well," he said, "I will let you bake your bread over cow manure instead of human excrement."

16 He then said to me: "Son of man, I will cut off the supply of food in Jerusalem. The people will eat rationed food in anxiety and drink rationed water in despair, 17 for food and water will be scarce. They will be appalled at the sight of each other and will waste away because of [ a ] their sin.

Dung as fuel; so the Arabs use beasts' dung, wood fuel being scarce. But to use human dung so implies the most cruel necessity. It was in violation of the law ( Deu 14:3 23:12-14 ); it must therefore have been done only in vision.

Implying that Israel's peculiar distinction was to be abolished and that they were to be outwardly blended with the idolatrous heathen ( Deu 28:68 Hsa 9:3 ).

Ezekiel, as a priest, had been accustomed to the strictest abstinence from everything legally impure. Peter felt the same scruple at a similar command ( Act 10:14 ; compare Isa 65:4 ). Positive precepts, being dependent on a particular command can be set aside at the will of the divine ruler; but moral precepts are everlasting in their obligation because God cannot be inconsistent with His unchanging moral nature

cow's dung--a mitigation of the former order ( Eze 4:12 ); no longer "the dung of man"; still the bread so baked is "defiled," to imply that, whatever partial abatement there might be for the prophet's sake, the main decree of God, as to the pollution of Israel by exile among Gentiles, is unalterable

• LMS-Chef
    LMS-Chef

Ummmm it's not ok?!?!?!?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The use of dung (especially cow and camel) as fuel is not unusual even in modern times for the Baloochi tribes who live in the Thar Desert and other places in India where wood is scarce. The same is true for some places in (Persia) Iran and Afghanistan. A great number of ancient societies used it as well. Hey, no wood, plenty of dung. Necessity is the mother of invention.

http://www.bibliothecapersica.com/articles/v7/v7f6/v7f630.html

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The actual ingredients are listed in Ezekiel 4:9.

BTW, has anyone eaten Ezekiel 4:9 TM Sprouted Grain Bread? It is quite popular over here, being flour-free.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:BTW, has anyone eaten Ezekiel 4:9TM Sprouted Grain Bread?

No, but I know a couple of sisters who are quite fond of Ezekiel 23:20 Brand Sausage. *cue Benny Hill*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit