Daniel's Prophecy, 605 BCE or 624 BCE?

by Little Bo Peep 763 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Little Bo Peep
    Little Bo Peep

Hello all, I've been reading your site for a couple of years now, and have found, for the most part, it to be very helpful. I must say, at first I was very "scared" at what I might find, but contrary to what I grew up learning, there is a "wealth" of information outside of the Watchtower organization. I haven't attended meetings for about two years now, and like many I've read about, have spent many hours researching, telling myself "I'm not wrong for searching", and doing more research. My husband has been coming to your site before me, but I was "chicken" to listen or look for a long time. When I finally did, I found references that I could check to substantiate all that was being said, from the "lips" of the Watchtower itself.

Last week, I think our grown children said they are about to start studying the Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy! book again. When I studied it last time, I hadn't even begun my "journey" out, but recently started studying it again, to see what I had missed before, and to perhaps have something to share with them. Somewhere in all of my reading, it seems someone made mention of the dates. Anyway, today, I looked up the dates and found quite a contradiction. Page 18, says Nebuchadnezzar succeeded to the throne in 624 BCE, page 46 says his second year was 606/605 BCE, and page 63 says he ascended the throne in 624 BCE. I found this worth noting, as some questions could be asked regarding the differences, and the "missing" twenty years. You don't suppose that this was inserted, so they could later refer back to a "correct date" do you?

Little Bo Peep

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    You don't suppose that this was inserted, so they could later refer back to a "correct date" do you?

Bo Peep thats a good catch if you look closely at page 46 they are saying there is a difference between his ascension to the throne in 624 (false date) and his ascension as World Ruler (606 and 605). This is their way to try and reconcile that the the 18/19 year of Nebuchadnezzar was not 607/606 and thus could not have been the date for Jerusalems destruction.

Its utterly ridiculous.

• scholar
    scholar

Little Bo Peep

Your question is easily answered. The Daniel book on pages 18-19 correctly state that Nebuchadnezzer ascended the throne in 624 BCE which harmonizes with biblical chronolgy but differs from secular chronology. Page 46 refers not to his second year of his reign but the second year of his kingship as World Ruler beginning from 607 when Nebuchadnezzer destroyed Jerusalem. The second paragragh states that: "He had effectively become world ruler in 607 BCE, when Jehovah God allowed him to destroy Jerusalem and its temple.In the second year of Nebuchadnezzer's reign (kingship- Daniel 1:1; 2:1) as world ruler (606/605 BCE)".

scholar JW

BA MA Studies in Religion

• jula71
    jula71

Little Bo Peep

Welcome to the world of fuzzy math. All of the archeological and secular evidence points to Nebuchadnezzar ruling from 605-562 BC and more importantly the destruction of Jerusalem in 586 BC.

• jula71
    jula71

The Daniel book on pages 18-19 correctly state that Nebuchadnezzer ascended the throne in 624 BCE

Correctly states it based on what? Give me one reference not from the WTBTS.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    differs from secular chronology.

Scholar you are not really being completely truthful.

There is no way to come to your date completely based on biblical chronolgy. If not for secular chronolgy there would be no biblical chronolgy.

The Society eats up secular chronlogy to find a pivitol date so biblical chronology can be calculated, but then rejects secular chronolgy when it conflicts with their interpretation of prophecy.

Your statement is again utterly ridiculous.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    The Daniel book on pages 18-19 correctly state that Nebuchadnezzer ascended the throne in 624 BCE which harmonizes with biblical chronolgy but differs from secular chronology.

Ok, scholar in BS and Deception. Name the kings of Babylon along with their reignal years.

I have a cassette tape of a conversation I recently had on the phone with WTBTS Bethel at Crooklyn, NY and they couldn't provide any proof of their BS chronology that they spew out about Nebbie the Second.

• Narkissos
  • Satanus
  • arrowstar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit