Do Jehovah Witnesses give out mis-information deliberately?

by smiddy 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Do you think it is possible that  the G.B.is deliberately giving out mis-information to confuse either Apostates or Media that might be investigating them for one reason or another ? I have often said that the G.B. speak out of both corners of their mouth . And the reason they do so ? because that gives them an each way bet on whatever question is thrown at them .

They can have multiple answers to give.

Especially now  where they are evidently trying to re-connect with their youth and becoming more mainstream in many areas.

smiddy

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    OMG by the way they are going and all the dramas they get themselves involved in. It's anyone's guess as what comes out of their mouth.
  • cleanideas
    cleanideas
    The GB is far too stupid and arrogant to give misinformation on purpose.  I'm pretty sure all the insanity they piss out of their filthy mouths is genuinely what they are thinking.  
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Yes. They know what they are doing.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think at times they do intend to do something.  They may well have meant to lower the auxiliary pious-sneer time to 35 hours a month and the regular pious-sneer time to 50 or 55 hours a month all the time, until the apostates started discussing it.  They went against it to make liars out of the apostates.  I also think the "basic pious-sneer" label went the same way when it started being discussed here.

Other times, they see circumstances changing.  Occasionally, they will have a Grand Boasting Session at one venue fall through, sometimes for reasons beyond anyone's control.  Other times, they may try testing to see if people are going to obey joke-hova and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger.  You might, for instance, be in Albany or Rochester, NY and have an in-town Grand Boasting Session when they decide to test and see if congregations are willing to go to Syracuse, Binghamton, or Buffalo at the last minute.  Or, people in Harrisburg, PA, abruptly having to go to Scrantom for their Grand Boasting Session.  Or, someone in Cleveland having booked a motel in Columbus, looking forward to the trip, only to have it in Cleveland at the last second.  Let's see how much of that rubbish they start pulling to "test" people's obedience.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

A look at the booklet 'Should you believe in the trinity' proves that they are either ignorant, deceitful or both.

Thought that it was quite enlightening until I researched it more.

What a disgusting and disturbing pile of crap that whole booklet is when you research the church fathers. 

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger
    Mis-information is one of the sharpest tools in any cults armoury. They are  deliberate and protracted lies fabricated to confuse and control. The GB  don't get control of  a muti-million dollar org. without carefully thinking out their insidious strategies, dogmatic docrines and crafty side-stepping when things get hairy. History is replete with less subtle examples . Hitler, N. Korea, the Catholic Church  the various political and religious dictatorial demagogues over the centuries right upto the present time. Time and place differ. The modus operandi remains the same.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    There are times when they hope that the passage of huge amounts of time will allow them to abandon old light:

1. Watchtower is only organization able to interpret the Bible:"We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization,'" (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981).
    2. Vatican is only organization able to interpret the Bible:"The Vatican belittles Bible study by claiming it is the only organization authorized and qualified to interpret the Bible," (Watchtower, July 1, 1943, p. 201).

There are times when their changes back and forth don't seem to make sense:

Will the men of Sodom be resurrected?  

Yes    

Watchtower 7/18/1879 p. 8

No

Watchtower 6/1/1952 p. 338

Yes

Watchtower78/1/1965 p. 47g

No

Watchtower7 6/1/1988 p. 31

Yes

Live Forever (old edition ) p. 179

No

Live Forever (new edition ) p. 179

Yes

Insight, volume 2, p. 985

No

Revelation book, p. 273

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Well yes, see EndofMysteries thread an hour ago about the biology professor whose words have been taken out of context in an article on evolution in Awake! I suggest the evolution books the Borg released were stuffed with misquotes from scientists to cast doubt on evolution.
  • flipper
    flipper
    Yes, I agree that WT leaders use misinformation to deceive intentionally. Just look at how they deceive regarding their child abuse policies to the public. Especially to the media They try to appear that they are responsible regarding child abuse. But nothing is further from the truth. A person could find numerous other areas where the WT Society intentionally deceives and it's all to meet their agenda of being a financially wealthy organization. Bottom line

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit