British Museum

by fleaman uk 16 Replies latest jw friends

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

In my past Witness life ive done the JW tours etc.Is it true they miss out anything that debunks the 607 theory?I want to look around the place to see for myself some time soon.

607 is a no-no ,i know that.I just need to see for myself though.

Has anyone here done a official Tour ,with the intent of confirming for themselves the Wt prophecies are false?

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

I've done the tour, but was a hard core dub at the time, so I would have missed such an ommision

• Mulan
    Mulan

We toured it but not with the Bethel group. We were on our own. Amazing place. We were still dubbies, but loved seeing the ancient stuff.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hi Mulan

Yep,its a wonderful place and ive been tons of times,but not with a clear mind !The Assyrian room is especially fascinating.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I met up with Patio outside a while back. Been in there a couple of times but didn't think about seeing stuff that debunked 607. Going to have to make that a goal now.

-

Ignored One.

• Englishman
    Englishman

http://www.meander.co.uk/

Extract: Who Can Join The Tours?

Any person respectfully dressed can join the British Museum Tours.

The Bible Land Tours however, are limited to Jehovah's Witnesses only. Immediate relatives who are not Witnesses can join the tours provided their conduct does not offend our Christian conscience.

Englishman.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love the British Museum. I make a point of visiting every time I'm in London. My favorite room, of course, is the one with the Sumerian and Babylonian artifacts and texts. I met a dear friend of mine at the Museum when I was in town last April (she moved there the year before), and we had a pretty fun time looking at everything. She has had a life-long interest in ancient history and once dated a Semitic scholar, so we had a lot a things to see that we really liked. The most fun thing was going over to the Rosetta Stone replica and trying to beat each other in trying to read the first few lines of the Greek.

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'e been about 5 times as a JW so I wasnt looking for any negatives. I did start a bible study there though with someone who walked around with our tour! handed them over to someone who lived near them, dont know what happened after that. Darn how sad huh.

Brummie

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The first time I visited the B.M. it was a very JW-style tour (although not organised). We were four "brothers" from the French Bethel staying in the London Bethel for a week-end. We did meet JW guides with larger groups there. It was still very interesting.

Later I came back alone and could have a glimpse of the wealth I had previously missed. Great museum indeed.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

ive even thought about joining a Tour as a "Worldly"one and throwing some dodgy questions in!Unfortunately ive got quite a few Mates from London Bethel and surrounding Congs...the Game would probably be up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit