by what_Truth? 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Freedom 96,

Here's the thread I believe you are referring to or one like it:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/55290/1.ashx

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

This is frickin' amazing. Dwight Eisenhower and Ginger Spice both JWs. The TRUTH really is stranger than fiction!

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The December 22, 2004, Awake has a story about a celebrity. Her name is Rosalia Phillips. Phillips may be her married name. She has performed with Arturo Castro and His Castros 76 in Mexico, Guatemala, Venezuela, New York, and Lals Vegas. She was also in a soap opera. She was also on the Hispanic version of Sesame Street. She was plagued by feelings of guilt through much of her career, but finally broke away and married a Bethelite, pioneered, served at the Mexican Bethel, and now has two small children being raised in the "truth."

• Room 215
    Room 215

The golfer is Mark McCumber, a former Bethelite; and while he's been quite succesful, ``world famous" is a bit of an overstatement.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    She was also on the Hispanic version of Sesame Street.

I hear now she ocassionally is used to do the voice and pull the strings of the GB.

Kwin

• mysterio91
    mysterio91

The rapper Bizarre from D12 (Eminem's group) has a line on their album that says "how would you like it, you were a jehovah's witness that always got molested".

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Yeah I remember that d12 song. The thing is that bizzare makes all sorts of messed up statements in his songs so it's really hard to say if he's speaking from experience or not.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

I believe the famous golfer is Mark O'Meara. He supposedly became friendly with Tiger Woods and witnessed to him. I was also told by a moron/elder that Mark would whistle "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" while playing a round at the Masters or wherever. I was so impressed at the time.

When growing up I always heard that the Nelsons of Ozzie & Harriet fame studied but just didn't make the truth (gag) their own. Oh yeah, Glen Campbell also supposedly studied and in my neck of the woods (actually closer to Avishai's )...Radar (Gary Burghoff) of MASH studied with some folks I knew. Alas...he didn't make the truth his own either. I think Radar has a 6th sense for bullshit. That's all I can think of that haven't been mentioned.

-BONEZZ

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp
    The Wayan brothers were raised JW. I don't know if they were ever baptised but they are no longer active/practising JW's.

they keep saying how their parents are all pissed that their doing the raunchy comedy thing. and i think the late Tejano songstress Selena was one too. laters kaykay_mp

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

oooo! oooo! oooo!

this thread reminds me of that Adam Sandler Hanukkah song!

it would be funny if someone here could make up a song about celebs who are (or were) JW.....

it's a stupid thought, i know...

laters

kaykay_mp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit