Celebrites in the Borg

by what_Truth? 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Preston
    Preston

An elder from my old congregation claimed to have studied with Burt Reynolds. Another elder I knew studied with Dave Mustane from Megadeath. I heard Van Morrison say he went to meetings as a kid.

• rekless
    rekless

Dwayne Blackwell song writer of "MR. Blue" THe Fleetwoods hit in 1958-1959 and "Friends in Low places", "I'm gonna hire myself a wino to decorate my home"

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Stand up comic Eddie Griffin was most likely raised as a JW. He mentions it in his act when he talks about his Grandfather giving him a present on his birthday because he knows that nobody else is giving him anything because he is a JW.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hank Marvin a guitarist with the Shadows is an elder in a London UK congregation

• one
    one

Michelle Rodriguez was raised jw, an star in the movies Fast and the Furious, Blue Crush, SWAT etc

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

My mom told me when I was 8 or 10 that Ozzie and Harriett Nelson were JW's and so were the kids.

In the 60's the drummer for Baja Marimba Band came to our hall. He died the next year during ear surgury from a heart attack.

Rumor had it that Neil Diamond did his "last" concert tour in '74 was because he had studied and was waiting for Armageddon. My parents wouldn't let me go to that concert because they were sure he was going to expose himself as Morrison had just done.... Yeah, right.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Rumor had it that Neil Diamond did his "last" concert tour in '74 was because he had studied and was waiting for Armageddon.

Well I know that one wasn't true. We went to one of his concerts about 1978, at Christmas time, and he did Christmas songs and everyone lit their lighters to make it look like Christmas lights. Anyway, he's Jewish.

Obviously the Nelsons were not JW's.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    At the height of his touring popularity, Diamond announced a sabbatical from the stage to devote more time to his family, but in 1976, he resumed performing with record-breaking tours of Australia and New Zealand

From his website www.neildiamond.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit