The Watchtower and the Masons

by ozziepost 135 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Hello Seeker,

Sorry it took so long for me to address your concerns. I had a particularly long work day today.

Seeker, you and I got off on the wrong foot...way back on H20. I don't want to rehash old offenses, perceived or actual. That is history now.

Just let me say that, I was a newbie, somewhat backwards about the whole internet(still true) etiquett and manner's. I was just learning how to express my self, just getting the feel of how things worked on that forum. When you and JanH attacked (it is what I truly felt Seeker) my post (as I remember the subject had something to do with fear of death) I was really hurt. You then either predicated on my 'hot' response to you, decided that you would leave h20...at this time everyone on the board, including Rick, decided that this newbie DannyBoy was at fault, for making you feel bad. Hell man, I thought I had finally found some solace, some fellow survivor's...instead I found more malice and judgemental conduct, than I had experienced as a JW.

I decided that I would bite the bullet and stick around. Uncle Bruce was very helpful to me at this time. He took the time to encourage me and not take what had happened so personally. To this day, he remains a dear friend, because of his big hearted spirit.

I made a public appology to you Seeker on H20, for responding harshly. I never had a response from you. You did return some months later, but we never spoke, until today.

If you really want to know why we seem to clash, it is beyond the events I just described. I became very aware of the tone and aggressive behaviors, many long time poster's seem to display, this constant putting down, talking down, trying to show every error, correcting the thinking, of other poster's...just seems to vividly remind me of my own experience. I just got so fed up with the profanity, the name calling, the show-off debating, the superior attitudes displayed, I finally decided not ignore it anymore. That is how many of these wars started. I made a promise to myself, not to ignore anyone abusing, or putting down anyone, anymore.

Iam getting tired now of the effort. I certainly don't revel in it, like Ginny intimated.

I want my family to come out of the WT. I want to carry on civil conversations, not namsy pamsy, but civil, respectful and tolerant. I will make mistakes, so will you, but I do want to try.

I think all the wars we went through recently have paid off. There is far less name calling going on around here, the tone of the forum has changed, I think for the better.

Seeker, I respect your overture to me, and I assure you this attempt to resolve the issue, will do so for me. I have expressed to you my reason's. We may never agree on our approach, but I can assure you I now consider it the past.

Danny

• Prognoser
    Prognoser

Rare interview with Fritz Springmeier talking about his book, The Watchtower and the Masons.

http://depositfiles.com/files/nmrszjldd

60 minute audio file

Description:

The Watchtower and the Masons: Is the Jehovah’s Witnesses religious sect a hidden front group of universal Freemasonry? Have the thousands of men and women busily evangelizing the world for the Jehovah’s Witnesses been duped into believing an incredible lie? Charles T. Russell, founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, was a pyramidologist, a member of secret societies, and a hardened occultist. Amazingly, this worldwide religious sect, known as the “Watchtower Society,” is based on the most arcane teachings of Rosicrusianism, ancient Egyptian mysticism, the medieval Knight Templars, and mystical Zionism. Discover its secrets as Texe Marrs interview Fritz Springmeier, author of the book, The Watchtower and the Masons.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

By their own definition, the origins of something will corrupt a particular custom, tradition, or religion, so….

• james_woods
    james_woods

Oh GAWD NO - not this same shit again...

• Prognoser
    Prognoser

Backup links for The Watchtower and the Masons and Occult Theocracy (lists CT Russell as a Knights Templar) PDF ebooks:

The Watchtower and the Masons

Occult Theocrasy

• designs
    designs

'Heresies' how so?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

C T Russell had somewhat of a ideological and theological association with the Free Masons, Pyramidology beliefs being a part of that.

He gave many talks in FM halls, call it a close theological relationship of sorts.

The remaining IBSA still to this day have a relationship to the Free Masons.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

As a child in the 50s and early 60s we used the Freemason halls rather than pay for other halls. They gave us a deal. I found it weird as did many JWs- like meeting in a Catholic Church.

• Prognoser
    Prognoser

@designs. Heresies against "Christendom". Springmeier is a Christian.

Balaamsass said:

"As a child in the 50s and early 60s we used the Freemason halls rather than pay for other halls. They gave us a deal. I found it weird as did many JWs- like meeting in a Catholic Church."

Interesting. I've heard this from several other JWs.

• Prognoser
    Prognoser
    "Fritz Springmeier's book is the sort of thing which should never have seen the light of day. Springmeier knows less about the the Masons than he does about Jehovah's Witnesses. I also see that he has been arrested as a member of some right-wing militia. He is evidently into pot as well, which is not surprising from what he is written. Even if Russell were a Mason, which he wasn't, so what? The idea that Masonry is some evil cult is pure BS. Masonry grew out of the European Enlightenment and was used as a vehicle to promote liberal ideas and democracy. It was hated by the Catholic Church and by Hitler because both feared it for that reason. Masonry today in the English-speaking world is harmless. Only goofy fundies and old fashioned Catholics attack it today.
    Of course the Witnesses have some ideas like those of the Masons; both were influenced by ideas that were (and are) all over the place in Russell's era. Frankly, I am sick and tired of the misinformation that goes out from a number of idiots who simply won't pay attention to what sound evidence is. Russell said he never had been a Mason, and in reading his statements about Masonry, it is quite evident that he wasn't."
    —Gray Wolf

Springmeier was not a member of a right-wing militia. He claims he was framed for conspiracy to rob a bank. Considering that the court records show that the judge presiding over the case sentenced him to a dozen years in the slammer on the word of one man—who wasn't even a witness, it seems perfectly plausible that Springmeier was framed. This all took place when Springmeier was at the height of his popularity as a conspiracy writer and as a mind-control exit counsellor. He was heavily involved in deprogramming those involved in the CIA's monarch butterfly (MK Ultra) mind control programs. In fact, he is better known for his books on that subject matter. (See, The Illuminati Formula Used to Create an Undetectable Total Mind Controlled Slave and its sequel, Deeper Insights into the Illuminati Formula) As for the "into pot" claim, what is your source on that?

As far as the Masonic Enlightenment is concerned, the Enlightenment grew out of Freemasonry and Illuminism, not the other way around. The Catholic Church opposed Freemasonry on religious/moralist grounds (the Masonic-led revolutions of the 18th and 19th centuries were based on toppling "throne and altar" to achieve so-called liberation), while Hitler opposed it on political grounds, even though Hitler was brought to prominence by the Rosicrucian Order (later becoming the Golden Dawn). Hitler also superficially opposed Freemasonry because of the leading role Jews played in the Masonic movement up to that point. Anti-Masonic sentiment was present in all denominations of Christianity, not just the Catholics. It even spurred an Anti-Masonic political party in early America. Anti-Masonic sentiment was a perfectly understandable reaction on the part of Christians, since Freemasonry was directly targeting the Church and moralism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit