The Watchtower and the Masons

by ozziepost 135 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Danny,

My friend became a 32nd degree Mason when he was about 52 years old. He told me you can get there faster if you are rich.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ps. Scally

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a set of audio tapes by Alan Watts. The Tao of Philosophy...I have to thank Uncle B and 6or 7 for peeking my interest in this. Ain't it just pure fun to be able to consider all sides. Freedom

Danny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

larc,

Of course you can! Well I will be 102 before I make it, so please hit your friend up will ya?

Degrees??? Just give me a few bday's and I will be happy!

db

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

larc,

#16 is up for a little clarification..Jw's have from the begining taken the stand that Jesus, was just a man albeit a perfect one, the mainstream christians claim that he was in fact God himself, even while in the flesh.

There are many other comments you made, that cannot be confirmed without first knowing for sure, what stand the Mason's took then, or take now.

Db

• larc
    larc

Danny,

Let me try my clarification again. Please go back and read the very first post on this thread. I assume the list provided by the poster is an accurate reflection of the author he cited. I set out to show that this author has no credability. Much of what is said about Russel is not true. Assuming he is right about the Masons, then the some areas where the Masons and Russell agree are meaningless because many other groups shared these same ideas.
    I do not need to know what the Masons believe to challenge the author of the assertions made about the similiarities between the Masons and Russell. I have shown that the majority of the author's statements are clearly wrong. Let me try this with symbles. Let us suppose that someone says that Tom believes "A" and Sue believes "A" and they share that in common. If I can prove that Sue does not believe "A", then I have proved the person who made this claim to be wrong. I don't have to know what Tom believes to prove the claim to be wrong.

On the point about Jesus. Although he is down played. This is what is believed, and it far more glorious than being a "mere man".

• larc
    larc

I am going to do this one more time with the Tom and Sue example. If someone says Tom believes "A" and Sue believes "A", then if I can prove that either Tom or Sue does not believe "A" then I have proved the person who said this to be wrong. If I know all about Sue and nothing about Tom, I can still prove it.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

After reading these sites, it is evident that Russell was influenced by masonry. Of course maybe Randy Watters is wrong in putting this site on the web as well as McGregor Ministries and others not mentioned.

> http://www.exjws.net/museum/masonry.htm

> http://www.macgregorministries.org/jehovahs_witnesses/russell_mason/wasrussellmason.html

• TheHighPriest
    TheHighPriest

Hi,

I just thought I'd chip in with the little I know about freemasons.
    Anyone is welcome to join them and they only require one thing and that is a belief in God, they do not state nor do they care which God that is. Each degree carries an initiation rite with it, these are simple enactments of past events and all up there are 33 degrees although initially there was only three.
    Not a lot of people in the ranks of freemasonry know what these enactments are or what they mean and depending on whether you subscribe to the official 'United grand lodge of England' with it's modified (modern) version of freemasonry or the ancient scottish rite you get a different deal. The modern form of freemasonry claims to have it's origins in 1717 and denies freemasonry exited before then however the ancient model has records that go much further back and can be directly linked with the knights templars.
    Modern freemasonry does not understand many of the old rituals and have subsequently both changed and dropped a lot of them.

THP

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

THP,

Didn't know that anyone can apply for membership in the Mason's.

Sounds like larc's friend has only one degree left to go. I guess if anyone can address these questions his friend should be qualified.

Thanks for some clarification.

db

• Seeker
    Seeker

DannyBear,

Now that we are in the light of morning, and feelings have calmned down, would you like to continue our discussion? I am puzzled at your hostility toward me. After my 2nd response to you, I heard nothing back other than continued slights and slurs made in a general direction, not necessarily at me. Do you still feel toward me as you said last night, or were those comments made in the heat of emotion?

I ask this because I disagree with your characterization of me. If I have been acting the way you claim, and I don't realize it, I want to stop. If I haven't been acting the way you claim, and you now admit it, I want to put this behind us.

As someone who has never used foul language toward another poster, and who is uneducated and without letters, and who repeatedly makes the statement that we are all entitled to our opinions, I would like to resolve this conflict between us calmly, rationally, and finally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit