Joseph Rutherford and Burlesque

by Amazing 35 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

TR,

Beth Shan has been torn down for new construction. The owners of Beth Sarim are probably known by Leonard Chreatian. The present owners could also be found by checking the deeds in the county court house.

• VM44
    VM44

Here is a web page that has an extensive article about Beth-Shan,
    otherwise known as the Watchtower's "House of Security"

http://www.premier1.net/~raines/bethshan.html

It has links to some good aerial photos of the building.

As regards, Beth Sarim, it was up for sale a few years ago. I do not
    know who bought it, but could you imagine owning it?

--VM44

• larc
    larc

Mishnah,

On another thread you asked for some detail on an assertion I had made. That detail is found on page one of this thread.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

larc,

As you know my mother was da Judges housekeeper in 'his' home on Staten Island. I can remember her describing the tedious job of ironing those $100 silk shirts.

Another tid-bit..the judge was very fond of GingerAle, but not just rany garden variety (go figure probably used it for a mixer anyway) he required my mother to regularly inventory his 'private stash' of VERNOR'S ginerale, when the stock was getting low, she would place an order for oversea's delivery, since at the time Vernor's was not available in the states.

This guy was beyond a stuff-shirt, he was a little demigod.

Danny

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Is there a website that has material to validate these claims? I always knew he was a bad guy and a drunk. But there is not much to back up many of the claims that are said about him.

Just a side note, I got out of the Society, so I am not going to defend Jerk Rutherford. I consider myself a recovering Jehovah's Witness.

I have read what Freeminds.org and their links have said regarding Rutherford. However, there is not many that can give exact dates and eyewitness accounts about Rutherford. I like to read, so I look forward to any reply I get.

• larc
    larc

Danny,

Thanks for the info. As far as ginger ale is concerned the Judge had good taste. Vernor's is the best. However, I thought it was made in Detroit, not Europe. I'll check that out.

• larc
    larc

Danny,

I love the net. Here's the scoop on Vernor's. It was first made and sold by John Vernor in 1866 at his drug store at 235 Woodward Avenue in downtown Detroin.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

larc,

Thanks for the correction. I can't recall what the brand name was he preferred, but I know it came from oversea's. Anybody help on this one, I could call my sister who was basically raised on Staten Island until the age 5 or 6...but unfortunatly as it is, we are not on speaking terms.

Danny

• Amazing
    Amazing

Bringing this to the top to link to the post, Govering Buzzards - Part 5 - Do the Governing Body love GLORY? http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/66096/1.ashx

Looking forward to your comments. - Jim Whitney

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I lived in San Diego as a youngster in or around 1945. I can recall my mother talking about Bill and Bonny Heath and the money they contributed to" the work", as she put it.

If my recall is correct they owned or had an interest in a soft drink bottleing business. Coca Cola or some other.

My mom just adored that arrogant Rutherford. Even as a kid that bothered me. Seemed almost hysterical as I recall.

Later on I asked questions about Beth Saram and she would avoid talking with me about it.

It bothers me that as a kid I had doubts and questions and then stayed with the crap until 1978.

Oh Well=Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit