The 7000 year "Creative Day"

by Fe2O3Girl 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Skimmer
    Skimmer

I can tell you that in 1973 the 7,000 year length of a creation day was taught as a fact. It was bundled up with the 4026 BC/1975 AD teaching and presented with just as much authority, if with lesser emphasis, as the 607 BC/1914 AD baloney.

Does the WTBTS still teach 4026 BC as a creation date? If so, I'll bet they haven't mentioned it for a while.

• blondie
    blondie

This talk was given last November:

km 10/03 p. 6 Theocratic Ministry School Schedule for 2004 ***

No.

1: Counting Back From 2370 B.C.E. to 4026 B.C.E. (si pp. 286-7 ¶12-15)

and mentioned again here five years before:

g98 5/8 p. 20 How Significant Is the Year 2000? ***

Accordingly, the Bible gives specific attention to chronology. It provides a connected record that allows for a methodical count back to the beginning of human history. Such a calculation points to 4026 B.C.E. as the year in which God created Adam.

Then 9 years before that in 1989....

I guess when you aren't trying to prove 1975, it doesn't matter much.

Blondie

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Leap Frogs The 7000 year 'creative week' was a prima facie soild doctrine since from the time i was born 1957.It factored in major in the 1975 teaching

If the WT$ denies they lie.

I was there,i am Undaunted Danny expert witness on the Jehovah's Witness.

[ edited:I have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars in the Masssachusetts Bible society bookstore on Bromfield street Boston Mass.This place is museum archive quality. A devout deep R+D JW [1980's] at the time i was shocked at how much the WT$ has plagiarized 'somebody elses material' for their teachings.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Whatever else can be said about this 7,000-year creative day nonsense is that it's an embarassment to the WTBTS and a testament to its intellectual dishonesty: ``oops; oh well, let's just not ever mention it again and it will recede from everyone's memory; never mind that we've taught it as `revealed truth' for most of our 130-year history. And if some hapless dubbies make a stink over it, we'll df 'em."

• Balsam
    Balsam

A show on the science channel was interesting. A scientist was able to trace human DNA back 50,000 to a bush tribe in Africa through the male line. Very interesting show. Now way man existence is only 6,000. Bible thumpers need to wise up.

• Pumple
    Pumple

When studying the WTS calculations and general bullshit one should allways remember the WTS´ biblical key for deciphering prophecies and times in general in the Big Book. Farkel rewealed this key to us in his excellent "Dubs for dummies" post. "?Times-equals-lunar-years-equals-days-equals-solar-years?" :D

• badboy
    badboy

Balsam,you mean the Vesikela !Khung.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Now that my eyes are open, I can't understand the following:

To be disciples of Christ, why is it important to know every nit picking detail in the Bible?

Why can't they just leave the mysteries alone?

When you assume, you make an a-- out of you and me! That's how I feel about those years in service telling people these "troofs"

• james_woods
    james_woods

Fe2O3 mentioned that she had done this thread within that "Odd DC announcement - it may have rained or not before flood" thread. I hunted it up to tag a comment on it for several reasons:

* This is to me one of the most astonishing and phony tacit admissions by the Society that they cover up their messed up teachings and act as if they never said it. Notice that the 2004 posters had to hunt around for the last references of the 7000 year day as the WT would not (could not?) just come out and say they changed their mind. Shades of the 1975? - Maybe the publishers will just forget we ever said it. Maybe most are young enough now to not even remember we said it.

* The dishonesty is not just in the way they kind of let the idea "fade away". First, they were far from being the originators of the approximately 4000 year BC date for creation of Adam - - Bishop James Usher put the date at evening 23 Oct 4004 B.C. way back in the A.D. 1650s. He did it about the same way that C.T. kooked up his 4026 B.C. chronology, too: added up the ages of the line of descendents and the kings, and tried to tie that to a Babylonian fixed secular date. Second, this 7,000 year thing is manifestly NOT SCRIPTURAL in the sense of it being mentioned in any reasonable bible reference. It was made up, hence all the weasel words soundly pointed up in this thread.

* This 7000 year number figures as part and parcel of the whole silly 1975 prophecy. That horror might not even have happened if they had just stubbornly thought 1975 was the end of 6000 years of mans existense. So what if it was? Well, you add in the 1000 year reign of Christ, and of course fold in the sacrosanct 7000 year creative day, and here you have a date for the end!!!

I think these people should be reminded of this dishonest affront to reason at every opportunity.

I guess this is one of my hot buttons because of the glaring arrogance behind its long use and subsequent coverup...I owe it to this JWD site to even be aware that it was no longer taught.

Thanks for the above posters and their research. Lets don't let the newer posters here forget this shameful little deception by the WTS...

James

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

When I discovered that the earths day - as shown from daily and annual growth rings in fossil corals - was at one time only 23 hours, I realized that this whole 7000 years business is along the lines of philosphers arguing over

"What is "what"?" and "IS "is" is?"

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit