Jehovah's Witnesses requesting financial transparency in Spain

by JHK 49 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    They are so DF'd. 
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yeah their seems to be an under currant among the JWs in Spain it seems Jehovah's Corporation has been ripping them off for contribution for things they latter sell and pocket the money. I hope this attitude spreads like wild fire through out Europe and South America.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If there is nothing to hide, why would WT fear or refuse transparency?

Doc

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH
    Because it is none of your business.  Besides that every congregation is transparent
  • sir82
    sir82

Because it is none of your business.  Besides that every congregation is transparent

A masterful answer, worthy of the smarmiest politician! Answering the question you want to answer, not the one that was asked.

My hat is off to you, sir!

Oh, by the way: Nobody cares about any single piddly congregation with its $1000 checking account and $800 monthly expenses.

What the persons shown want, and what would be morally and ethically correct, is for the real estate conglomerate known as the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society to account for the $hundreds of millions of dollars of contributions that they solicit from their adherents, not to mention the $billions of assets in real estate holdings and other financial instruments.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    insidetheKH: Because it is none of your business.

I really can't believe you said that. I assure you it's my business. I gave the prime of life - 30 years - to JWdom. I gave blood, sweat, tears, a lot of money, etc. I gave up many opportunities. I gave up the opportunity to retire. It most certainly is my business what they do with the money.

Besides that every congregation is transparent

Yeah. Congregations and individuals answer to the org, but it answers to no one. Besides, that has nothing to do with the issue. The transparency of congregations in no way gives answers as to how the org spends the money that it is entrusted with.

edit: "It's none of your business."  Wow, that pisses me off. That's one thing that no JW, no matter how high up in the org, better ever say to my face.

edit: Damn, I can't stop thinking about what you said. Really? The org can spend the money however it wants? It's none of our business? Then, for sure, screw JWdom.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Besides that every congregation is transparent

So the financial report thoroughly explained to you how much of your donated money was used to pay the recent losses in court due to moleststion cases involving elders and ministerial servants?

when they send out a letter, or a report in a yearbook, or in anyway whatsoever explain how some of the rank and files donations were used to pay of this trash then I'll say they are transparent.

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

So lets assume the persons shown donated 10 euros to the worldwide fund...  And now they would like or think they are entitled to international transparency? 

Are you out of your mind?  If theydont trust it they should stop donating or donate only to local expenses

• blondie
    blondie

I assume that the monthly congregation finance report is not read any more by the accounts servant at the service meeting?   It used to be and some congregations would let you look at it and some would post it on the information board.

That way you could know what was being spent and taken in.  Not done at the circuit or regional assemblies/conventions ever in my living memory.

BTW my family had 5 members that did the accounts. 

• sir82
    sir82

If they dont trust it they should stop donating or donate only to local expenses

Cha-ching! We have a winner!

That is precisely what tens if not hundreds of thousands of JWs are already doing, you ninny.

Hence the recent shameless money-grab by the WTS, in which congregations were "encouraged" to solicit contributions from members to forward to the WTS, as well as "encouraged" to send whatever funds the congregations had accumulated to them, even if such funds were dedicated to local projects.

Here's a thought: If the WTS were transparent about how money was spent, people might actually be more inclined to contribute.

Actually, on second thought, I take that back. If the WTS ever really were transparent about how we all expect the money is spent hoarded, contributions would dry up even faster, and angry mobs with pitchforks & lanterns would break through the glass doors of Patterson tonight.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit