The Esoteric Kabbalist roots of Watchtower Theology

by Informant 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Quotes
    Quotes

Informant said:
    ========================
    Zionism is Judaism, and Charles Taze Russell was a self admitted zionist.
    ========================

Sorry to be off topic, but this reminded me of one of my all time favourite movies: Head Office (1985).

The line I'm thinking of (said by protestors to new hire Jack Issel (Judge Reinhold) in the complaints department:

==========================
    Child Psychologist for a Free Poland Against Whaling!!!

Zionism is Facism!
    Facism is Murder!!
    Murder is Whaling!!!
    Whaling is Zionism!!!!
    ==========================

~Quotes, of the "never, ever EVER, hold my glasses together with tape and a paper clip" class.

• Informant
    Informant

Yes I have read the rebuttals of Russell "not" being a mason. The Judeo masonic conspiracy does not sit on only the fact that Charles Taze Russell was a Knights Templar mason. The fact that you only point that out shows your lack of refutal over the larger picture....... by the way of his own admission.......... ." I am very glad to have this particular opportunity of saying a word about some of the things in which we agree with our Masonic friends, because we are speaking in a building dedicated to Masonry, and we also are Masons. I am a Freemason." Charles Taze Russell. (The Temple of God-Pastor Russell page 120)

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Informant,

I'm surprised. If you really read Pastor Russell's sermon "Temple of God" in the 1913 Bible Students Convention Report, than surely you know that he was speaking of the Masons in a spiritual sense, not a literal sense. Its mostly allegorical. This may be a little long, but I hope it dispells the few sentences you quote that are completely taken out of context. As you will see, he is not a Free Mason in the sense you imply.

The topic of his sermon was based on 1 Cor. 3:17 "For the Temple of God is holy which you are."

"...I am very glad to have this particular opportunity of saying a word about some of the things in which we agree with our Masonic friends, because we are speaking in a building dedicated to Masonry, and we also are Masons. I am a Free Mason. I am a free and accepted Mason if I may carry the matter to its full lengths, because that is what our Masonic brethen like to tell us, that they are free and accepted Masons. That is their style of putting it. Now I am a free and accepted Mason. I trust we all are. But not just after the style of our Masonic brethren. We have no quarrel with them. I am not going to say a word against Free Masons. In fact, some of my dear friends are Masons, and I can appreciate that there are certain very precious truths that are held in part by our Masonic friends..." "...We are going to discuss free and accepted Masonry--the Bible Masonry my dear friends...The Great Master Craftsman of our Order of Free and Accepted Masonry, the Lord Jesus Christ laid the foundation of it all; as the Bible says, Other foundations can no man lay than that which is laid, Jesus Christ. He has the foundation for high and acceptable Masonry, and all that pertains to it. And what has been going on since Jesus' day? St. Peter says that God is selecting living stones to be part of the great Temple he intends to construct. And who are the living stones and what does it mean? You may be one of the living stones and I may be one..."

Then he goes on to discuss Solomon's Temple because the Masonic brethren speak about it too. He compares it to our Temple, the Church in glory. He also compares the Church to a secret order..."the mystery of God which he has kept secret from the foundation of the world--will not be finished until the sounding of the seventh trumpet. The Bible tells us that the Church is the mystery--the mystery is represented in the Church..."

Next he goes on to discuss the High Order of Divine Masonry and the degrees of this Masonry. He compares the leaders in the Church to the Knights Templars.

He asks the question: "What do you mean by Free and Accepted Masons?" He answers: "We are free, my dear brethren; not free to do sin, thank God! We do not wish to do sin. Our very desire to come into relationship with God means that we do not love sin, but we are free from it, free from the domination of sin, free from the fear of death, free from the condition of sin and death in which we once were by nature when we were children of wrath even as others. The shackles have fallen off. If the Son has made you free, then you are free indeed. And thus every man made free by the Lord Jesus Christ, through the merit of his sacrifice, is thus presenting his body a living sacrifice and being received of God, and inducted fully into this Masonic Fraternity, into this Masonry of the highest order, into this Royal Priesthood, happy is his position, for the spirit of Glory and of God rests on him..."

Later, he speaks of a drunkard, who by coming into the High and Accepted Order of Spiritual Masonry, had become a new creature, whose past was under the blood of the Lamb, Jesus Christ.

Then he discusses the Royal Priesthood, etc.

• Informant
    Informant

Im not asking you to take my word for it , NO NO NO, GO STUDY IT FOR YOURSELF, THATS WHAT I DID. THere are two ways to view the world, History is an accident and everything is spontaneous OR..... everything is pre planned, and the text books have been altetered to appear as if its spontaneous. that is where you have to read the real history books....... the conspiratorial view of History is more accurate Jesus Christ Ceasar, John F Kennedy, Robert Kennedy Martin Luther King the Apsotles, all these men killed by elaborate conspiracies concocted by a small group of elitists i leave you with ..........Jer 11:9 And the LORD said unto me, A conspiracy is found among the men of Judah, and among the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit