Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• badboy
    badboy

How very interesting!

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Hi VM44,

Thanks for your interest in my book. I have completed Rutherford's pre-Watch Tower years (1869-1905), and the early years of his Bible Student career (1906-1918). However, I have had to interrupt my work do to a recent change in my life. Last year I met a beautiful Russian woman and on July 10 of this year we announced our engagement. We plan to marry next June. This has put a temporary halt to my writing activity and I have had to focus on my profession, which is accounting, and my fiancee who demands more and more of my time.

Nevertheless, once things settle down I hope to continue with the Rutherford biography. However, my work will focus mostly on JFR's political career and its effect on the Constitution and the judical system. That is the real scandal.

Sincerely,

Athanasius

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

VM44,

I'm glad that Athanasius himself revealed to us that he is the one writing a book on Rutherford. I had seen his name at

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/75385/1.ashx

• larc
    larc

Lady Lee, could you add one of my works? It is Our Suday School Lesson, or something like that. Yes, I misspelled Sunday, so it should be easy to find on search. Most of my work is analytical in nature. This is the only piece I did that was creative.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Larc

found it and added it to The Best of... larc thread

• VM44
    VM44

hi larc and Lady lee,

It is Our Suday School Lesson, or something like that

I don't see it on "the best of larc" list. Different name?

--VM44

editied to add:

Oops! Paged down and there it is!

Nevermind

• Ratboy
    Ratboy

Athanasias, I hope you include his relationships in your book in thier entirety. Do you have this work sold yet?

• AlanB
    AlanB
    It would make a great movie. The story of an egotistical maniac who wrestles control of a religion from it's founders, turns it into a book publishing empire, makes prophetical claims in the name of God, declares the end of the world and then is caught in compromising situations that goes against the teachings of the church, causing the resignation of the leader and the breakup of the church as the feds investigate it for fraud and tax evasion. Of course a murder has to take place somewhere along the way also.
    Printed under the main title: "Based on a True Story".

I have thought this a lot since learning the Truth about the... oh never mind....

The problem I have is this, how do you set such a film, there is so much scope.

Some ideas I have....

Orwellian parrallel, total fiction set in a cult setting yet drawing on JW doublspeak and scenario.

Real life drama, where would you set it, Just prior to 1974?, the purge of 1980? Rutherford era

Scenario from perspective of someone coming in then learning the truth and witnessing some terrible things before the final showdown at a JC?

Docudrama?

Do you name the witnesses and face lible actions? Easy to get around if you draw every quote from real life examples and their own literature, and check facts, then there is no lible.

So much to draw on, Peadop[hiles, failed prophecy, orwellian control, sex scandles at the Bethal, UN, 1914 facts, blood, mental breakdown, murders, intregue, spies, its got the lot......

Hmmmmm

Anyone from Hollywood reading, would make an excellent film.

The scope is huge.....

• AlanB
    AlanB

Oh great post by the way, very well researched. Wasnt a lot of this in the 'Four Presidents'?

On a side note, a memory sparked from something said in this thread. I was at Twickenham many years ago (about 20) and went to the admin area to get info about serving where the need was great (great plan that turned out to be) anyway there were two elderly yet autstere brothers standing at the steps to the main office area looking as though they owned the place, they had a real air of seniority and importance about them, I have no idea who they were, yet sense they were senior one was English the other American..

As I approached them expecting the sort of warm brotherly welcome you believed you would get from all JW's, I was treated in a very off hand manner. I was left with a very bad feeling, I cannot explain it, it was more than how I was treated there was a very cold negative vibe coming from them.

Never forgot that and never experienced such a feeling again and I have been in many different situations in many countries and cultures.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

HI ALAN B.

I AM GLAD YOU BROUGHT THIS UP.

I HAD TWO EXPERIENCES LIKE THAT. BOTH INVOLVED MEN FROM THE HIGHER ECHELONS OF THE SOCIETY.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT RANKING THEY HELD.

IT HAPPENED AT TWO DIFFERENT ASSEMBLIES.

THEY LOOKED AT ME AND I HAD THE IMMEDIATE FEELING THAT THEY LOOKED DOWN ON ME LIKE I WAS A PIECE OF DIRT.

LIKE I WAS WORTHLESS AND OUGHT NOT BE THIS CLOSE TO THEM.

THE FEELING WAS DEEP IN MY GUT AND I FELT WHAT I THINK WAS EVIL.

THIS WAS YEARS AGO AND SOMETHING I WILL NEVER FORGET.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit