Rutherford Exposed: The Story of Berta and Bonnie

by Farkel 747 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

...and to think that Jesus himself chose the WTS as the "one true religion".

Also, if anyone happens to come across the films, I have the equipment to convert 8mm and Super 8 to video. Hell, I'll do it for free!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

larc....Do you have more information on Berta's background? I have tried without success to find her in the 1920 and 1910 censuses (before her marriage). Might "Teel" have been spelled Thiele, Teale, or are you sure that this is her maiden name? I wonder if her middle initial "L." in her married name might point to a maiden name starting with "L." Do you know if "Berta" is short for something, like Alberta or some other name? In the 1910 census she would've been under the age of 10 and more probably given under her full birth name. And you you know what parts of North Carolina she was from?

Any info might help locate her before 1930.

• Netty
    Netty

This is all very intriguing. I could not read fast enough. Great stuff Farkel. Thank you for the research, and taking the time to put this all together for us. The more our eyes are opened the better. And true, any lurkers out there with doubts, this could be helpful in opening their eyes tool Good job.

• amac
    amac

This is very interesting, I hope research can find more evidence to back this up. It seems very believable to me, but I have to agree with Minimus and Undercover, it seems "unusable" as proof to current JW's.

It's a shame to see attacks on someone being skeptical of serious accusations. Skepticism should be welcomed when trying to decipher the truth about something. It's a shame when it is taken personally.

Minimus is correct...hearsay from a "friend" who was an elder and was confessed to and was also privy to information between Knorr and the subject is LIGHT YEARS away from a quote from a named elder who can be verified as serving at the time. I understand the need to possibly keep his name confidential, but skepticism should be understood as well.

Thank you Farkel for starting this thread and putting the information together.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

RUTHERFORD=THE RAGING ARROGANT DRUNK.

NATHAN KNOHR =THE ARROGANT SMUG IGNORANT.

FREDDIE FRANZ= THE SELF PROCLAIMED PROPHET LIAR.

JEHOVAH SURE CAN PICK THEM.

Outoftheorg

This is all bible based by the way.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Lemme see...Jesus had made his inspection of all the earth's religions and apparently said, "Way ta go there Big J.R....you da man. Whatta fine example to carry the "truth". Good stuff Farkel...keep it coming.

-BONEZZ

• Farkel
    Farkel

amac,

: Minimus is correct...hearsay from a "friend" who was an elder and was confessed to and was also privy to information between Knorr and the subject is LIGHT YEARS away from a quote from a named elder who can be verified as serving at the time.

Yes, but I was not aware that Berta died in the Long Beach California area in 1973. "larc" never mentioned that fact to me either, so I suppose he wasn't aware of it, or didn't think it was important.

BUT: When cyberguy told the story from the elder friend, he mentioned Berta (he said "Birda") by name, the city of Long Beach by name and the date of the confession in the early 1970's as well as her age (in her 70's).

From the names Berta and Alfred Peale, Leolaia (as only she can do) was able to find vital statistics that EXACTLY corroborated what cyberguy had stated a number of days before I started this thread. What are the odds of that being a coincidence?

This begs the question: am I and "larc" and cyberguy and Leolaia all part of a vast conspiracy to make this stuff up in order to discredit Rutherford? I mean after all, considering all the suffering and misery he caused, the suggestion that he was an adulterer adds hardly any more damage to the well-documented and verifiable damage he already did. Considering the lives and families he ruined over the 25 years or so he was in power, adultery is just a drop in the bucket.

If dubs are so blind they can't see what an evil man Rutherford was from solid FACTS that exists, we can hardly expect them to accept the possibility that Rutherford was more likely to be unfaithful to his wife than not. His unfaithfulness to his wife (or not) damaged hardly anyone, except his own credibility. His unfaithfulness to his flock and to his own religion damaged countless thousands of souls. I mean, if the WTS says, "a noted expert states..." without even a mention of WHO the expert is, WHAT field of expertese the expert has and WHEN the expert said it, dubs will swallow it lock-stock-and-barrel and teach it as truth. Yet, in their own hypocritcal way, they don't believe anything people outside their religion says, no matter how loud the ring of truth might be. I'm not interested in helping those kinds of dubs. Let them live in their coccoon with blinders on until hell freezes over, I say.

Farkel

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    From the names Berta and Alfred Peale, Leolaia (as only she can do) was able to find vital statistics that EXACTLY corroborated what cyberguy had stated a number of days before I started this thread. What are the odds of that being a coincidence?

Another little confirmation that I didn't notice until now is that according to the 1930 census, Berta had been married for 7 years (age at first marriage: 20; age at last birthday: 27). That would put the wedding in 1923. According to Farkel's sources, Berta had been married for 15 years in 1938. Subtract 15 from 1938, and again you come to the year 1923.

• metatron
    metatron

It's all circumstancial. Even if you had a witness to actual penetration, you could claim it was all made up.

If you see one man holding a smoking gun while kneeling over the dead body of someone he had motive and desire

to murder, I'd say that was good enough.

Let me add here: My relatives ( now deceased) spoke of Rutherford's conduct with women in private conversations.

More than one old timer referred to the example of King Saul and 'not touching God's anointed' when speaking about

Rutherford's cruelty and scofflaw private behavior.

metatron ( By the way, whatever happened to Rayvn and the wild story she told about a Bethel suicide involving

homosexuality in the GB?)

• VM44
    VM44
    and again you come to the year 1923

So far, all the information, even if second or third hand, has been consistent!

Leolaia, I would like to get a copy of the Peale's census data.

I am near Long Beach, think looking up Berta's obituary (if any was published) would be useful?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit