21 Years as an Elder, 5 as an MS, I will never be that guy again.

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• brandnew
    brandnew

UBER - DUBS........HA HA HA HA......i will never get tired of hearing that......welcome my man.....its a place alot of us need.

JW life takes so much from a person, that we overlook precious PEOPLE, go get that boy back. ! !  My dad never shunned me, and i love him for it.♡♡♡

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Welcome!
  • cleanideas
    cleanideas
    So glad you are taking the steps toward freedom.  I spent 25 long years in it myself.  Pioneer, MS, even served at Bethel.  The hard part is coming to the sad understanding you have been lied to and how to piece your life back together as this religion takes so much from us.  I know you'll do well, I wish you the best and congratulations on this first big step!   
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome James Jack I to was a elder for almost 25 years, P.O. in two congregations before they changed the title. Much involved in the RBC before the name change.  I know how you are feeling.  I too had a adult son get into trouble with a high profile P.O.s daughter.  They had oral sex.  Somehow it was all my fault.  I was even accused of teaching my son oral sex.  How could my son do such a thing with this outstanding P.O.s daughter.  When the elders asked me that question I told them it takes two to tangle.  All they could say was I did not teach my son right.  All they care about was the so called good name of this high profiled rich elder.   The only thing that keep me from being removed at the time was my son was not living with us.  I look back at this time and wish they would have.  It would have been the best thing in my life.  I would have been 12 years younger and free of all that nonsense of being a elder.  Like all cults they use guilt to try to control you and judge you.  I am sorry you have gone through this but better now than latter.  I know this will take some time for you to deal with all this information you are getting but that is what it takes.  Best of luck to you and I hope you and your wife will find balance in your life.  Take care.  Still Totally ADD

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    The Elders moved quickly to remove me because I was too involved in "Theocractic Activities", I had neglected my Adult Son.  I accepted this primarily because I didn't want to serve with a BOE that did not want me

Welcome James ....After many rears on Boe's I could see that there were many more good men who were no longer serving, than those of us that were . I stood down (or was I removed?) in the late nineties and am now technically "inactive" although  I am well at home here. 

I saw so much political backstabbing , worse than I believe a political party to be. I would bet that if your BOE had wanted you around, they would have found the means to keep you. I certainly connived to keep a good man on the body even though a prima facie case existed for removal..Other times I saw trumped up exaggerated reasons used to get rid of an elder who also was good, but had upset one or two of the others.

Human nature rules, after all....Keep posting

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome James !

I served for many a long year as a very conscientious M.S, then I was told that an Elder was assigned to call on me to discuss if I had "studied enough" ( read "indoctrinated") with my children, both in their teens at the time, as neither had got baptised and one was no longer attending at all.

I promptly resigned, before the said visit could happen,thinking that if the B.O.E considered I did not qualify, then I did not.

I was congratulated by an Elder for having more courage than him, one of his kids had recently, unbeknowns to me, disassociated, and was younger than my kids, but this Elder had not resigned. (??)

This freed me up to think, and to read the Bible afresh, without W.T specs on.

I soon was on my way out.

All the best for the rest of your FREE life !

• James Jack
    James Jack

Tech 49 you found me.

I forgot my old password and with this sites new do over, I just had to re-register.

Life now as a regular publisher is kinda cool. We get invited now out twice as much because the other pubs do not view us as a threat. Once we went to this outdoor BBQ fest and one brother got drunk, not because of him being a drinker, but I told my wife the man was relaxed, having a good time and around people who loved him and know about the stresses of life we all go through. The old me would have turned him in. None of us said a word to anyone. Today we are all getting together for a Super Bowl Party, no Servants invited! 

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

A belated WELCOME! James Jack.

It's wonderful to see more and more waking up to the lies and fleecing of the sheep.

Fading is definitely a glorious feeling, but also gut-wrenching, because we can't come right out and tell the folks we love, exactly what's being done to them!

Enjoy the encouragement and the fellowship here!

• James Jack
    James Jack

Recently while out in Service, this Super Over Zealous Elder starting spouting out have bad the game Football is and that no True Christian should watch it. I said: "Can I be Disfellowshipped if I watch it? This pissed him off.

The next meeting I was called to the back room with 2 Elders and counseled never to question an Elder in front of others.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Welcome, and if you ever question your decision to step down just look up the 2006 awake where they the Borg said its now ok to accept Hemoglobin even that of a cow. Total hypocrisy and the death of tens of thousands of followers for no reason what so ever. They are guilty of murder for making up this policy, good luck on your journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit