21 Years as an Elder, 5 as an MS, I will never be that guy again.

by James Jack 96 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Welcome James Jack!! Hope to hear more of your experiences. If you haven't already read Ray Franz's Crisis of Conscience and in Search of Christian Freedom please do. These books will put everything in perspective for you.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Hi James Jack

And what is status of your son at this time btw ?

Regards 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

The Elders moved quickly to remove me because I was too involved in "Theocractic Activities", I had neglected my Adult Son.

Welcome, and this statement sounds like damned if you do damned if you don't. 

Guess the father in the prodigal son story was removed as well?? oh wait 

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Hi James Jack,

Welcome! There are many, many former Elders and MS on this forum. So you are very welcome.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    welcome James. 
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Welcome!     There are many on here like myself that are still in as well. I look forward to hearing more of your story. 
  • flipper
    flipper

JAMES- I understand completely what you're going through. I was born and raised in a high profile JW family where my dad was city overseer for 35 years and my brother was a Bethelite elder for 8 years and longtime elder. I exited the Witnesses over 11 years ago at age 44 . I was  a Ministerial servant but understand the pressures that you went through in expectations of how we were supposed to " advance " or live up to the WT alleged " standards ". Which we find out was just crap all along.

You are among friends here. Once we start looking into what is REAL in this world believe me it was scarier INSIDE the WT organization. The world is much kinder to us on the outside than we were led to believe. Lots of good folks here on the board can attest to that. We are here as a support to you and your wife. Hang in there buddy, you'll make it fine. Take care, Peace out, mr. Flipper 

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Welcome Jack.  It sounds like you gave your absolute all to the organization, but they could only see one little problem instead of all that you did.  If you weren't TOO involved in theocratic activities and the same thing happened, they would say you should have been MORE involved.  No wins.  Anyway, welcome to the forum.  
  • Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

You'll encounter all sorts of experiences and opinions on this forum. It can be quite a culture shock after serving so long in an organization where everyone is supposed to agree on everything.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Welcome James

I also spent almost 30 years of my life to serve the borg. Always busy to keep up with the soc.s demands. Become an elder and the father of 6 children. faded slowly 10-12 years ago. Managed to release the time just to check the soc.s "version of the "truth". Never had the time to do that before fading. Now after 3 years of University studies over 60, I have found that the first 30 years of my life was based on a big fat lie. Wish that I hade spend more of my time to secure facts instead of dreams. But all my 6 children are now saved out. But sadly my wife is still in..

Bugbear

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit