JW SINGLES site shut down due to GUILT!

by Survivor2004 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hi folks.

I have been lurking on and off for about 2 years now and before I did post a couple threads under my old alias but it wont accept it for some reason so I had to re-join.

Anyway there was a singles site called JWsingles.net by a nice fellow who wanted to help other lonely JW single folks meet but he is about to shut it down despite some SUCCESS stories which I guess makes the elders UPSET.

I had joined two years ago and was on the mailing list(I,ve been inactive for about 5 years now)Thats the SHORT version,anyway,I got this e-mail from him the other day and it really infuriated me because he did nothing wrong but again the Organization wants to CONTROL every aspect of their lives,including NOT letting JW,s put up harmless websites for singles to meet.After all in many many congregations there is a severe SHORTAGE of available singles right?And,If they dont even want you to look for a mate in their OWN organization (on the net) then they will look OUTSIDE of the organization but I guess they are too dense to understand that.

His letter wreaks of GUILT and he hangs his head in shame at congregations.I fail to see HOW he has stumbled others here.Its none of others business what ADULT JW,s want to meet someone.

I understand the heartache of being all alone for many many years with no one and no suitable mates there as they were too stuffy and I felt like I could never match up no matter how hard I tried.I shed too many tears to count as Im sure many here have as well.

Anyway here is the e-mail.

Greetings friends.

This will most likely be the last message you recieve from JW Singles.net.

The site has been running for several years now with its main goal to help those of like faith find and if they wish contact each other.We,ve met that goal with several success stories.Im very glad to say that an old friend of mine from a congregation in Maryland met a wonderful sister from California.After months of phone calls and trips and bible studies over the phone,they were married.Both are extremely happy with their new mates.

There are other stories the friends have shared when asking to have their profiles removed.

However I cannot continue to justify the site against the councel of the WBT society.I am tired of sinking in my seat at assemblies and conventions when they mention websites to avoid.It is also not my place to second guess the faithful and discreet salve and the connection they have with Jehovahs spirit in guiding the organization in these last days.While I believe that with proper theocratic guidelines this site can be used ,like many have demonstrated to a good cause,I will not possibly stumble my brothers and sisters.

I have thought of selling the site to help recoup the expenses I incurred while developing and running the site ,but again I dont want the responsibility of passing it off to someone else,possibly a wordly company or person.

After the last paying members subscription has run out,I will open the full site with access to every member .This will be the last chance to try and contact some of the 2000 members we have.Right now Im targeting September as the final month the site will run.Our information on the site will be deleted as the database of users is erased.If you care to make a donation of any size while the site is still open to everyone our paypal address is _________ or contact me for a mailing address.

Thanks to all those who have tried to help and build the idea I had into a functioning and useful program.I wish you all well and continued strenght in this time of the end.All of the friends are tired and are struggling just to make it to meetings instead of staying home with a headache or working a little late.Be upbuilding to each other ,help to show love amongst ourselves and continue to walk with God until the end.

Agape

Brian

JW Singles.net'

So there you have it,dont even THINK of trying to find a partner on the big bad evil Internet.The org will force you to shut down.

Ann

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Hmmmmm I dont see my post in the Friends section.

Why?

After all that typing.

Where is it?

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are right, JW singles are in a serious bind. No viable prospects locally, "worldly" folk are unnacceptable, and JW's of like mind unavailable through the internet.

I am sorry that Brian feels the need to shut the site down. What if that JWsingles.net community started a campaign, begging him to keep going? Surely 2000 voices could be heard....wouldn't want to stumble THEM.

Edited to add: Hang in there, Survivor. It takes a minute for the new thread to appear.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The letter stated:

"However I cannot continue to justify the site against the councel control of the WBT society." Then the letter goes on to say how we are now in the time of the end ... blah blah blah... Now where have I heard this all before? The problem is this is counsel coming form a bunch of old men that have nothing else better to do with their lives and couldn't get laid if their life depended on it.

Anyway Ann all the best to you in your search for that right partner or firend. I know a few of us have been at it for a while.

Will

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

OH thank you!

LOL

I thought I was losing my mind! :)

IM from Canada too,I guess I,ll make up my profile.

And yes singles are doomed no matter what.If there are no suitable mates and your not ALLOWED to date worldy folks your in a pitiful situation and they just dont understand HUMAN NEEDS.They SUCK at it! Just read your bible and pray.Well after so many years and hard knocks and sorrow it just dont work anymore.You NEED human contact.I always had such a great social life in the world,lots of friends,then I joined the org and POOF! I was all alone.The congregations that I belonged to were all FAMILIES and relatives.I got invited to go bowling once a year.I never got asked out by any brother and Im NOT ugly.I cried way too much to stay anymore.The rejection killed me but that was only part of why I drifted away.There is so much more.I,ll tell it sometime.

Thanks again and its nice to meet you.

Ann

• Survivor2004
    Survivor2004

Thank you too William.

Gee it sure dont take long to get replies around here! LOL

This forum is very ACTIVE.

Ann :)

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Ann,

I agree fully with you. Seems like when I was a JW there were so many different clicks within the congregations. If you didn't fit in due to the fact that we weren't a good witness or were not in the same financial status as them then you were never ask out to group functions. To go out with anyone out side of having marriage proposal was a no no and associating with "worldly" ones was forbidden. It is tough and I think we have all been there.

Will

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Hmmmmm I dont see my post in the Friends section.

After posting force the page to refresh itself by hitting F5....and welcome.

• Atilla
    Atilla

Yuck, his letter makes me ill and he seems cheap if you ask me. Why doesn't he just refund the money and end it now if the site is so wrong. I mean if your caught having unmarried sex, do you tell the elders you will quit in a few months, say September. Also, uh, the agape ending, makes me ill. I can say at least I never used that cheesy JW fake talk.

• wednesday
    wednesday
    can say at least I never used that cheesy JW fake talk

I agree with that 100% people will put that at the end of letters of say it to u, and it really means" u are not my friend, and i really would not spit on u if u were on fire, but the love of God forces me to recognize your existence. Do not speak to me, however"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit