JW Bethel Video - long version

by Esse quam videri 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Listener gave a link to a short version. Not taking away from that post but here is a more complete version, 2 minutes longer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnBmyudRWgs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Maybe Bethel workers can be happy because they live rent free, have their meals provided, their laundry done for them, and they get the celebrity treatment in their congregation.
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    This would never have been tolerated just a couple of years ago.  Obviously they didn't make this video in secret and the upper ups know about this.  They are wanting desperately to hol on to the young ones.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    If they don't do something to hold on to the younger generation their supply of free labour will dry up in the future.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Esse quam videri, did you have to double our torment?

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I wonder if they set up a 'dancing production committee' to organize this. Only those in good standing are allowed to dance awkwardly. Or the relatives of the line manager. 

mm, lets all copy the world-lings! 

• cofty
    cofty

Respect to this guy...

• cleanideas
    cleanideas
    I've been thankfully free of this religion for 15 years now, and I know this is said over and over again, but it's true, I totally don't recognize this religion anymore.  It now looks like any other church would have looked to me 15 years ago.  
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Happy?

The most indelible image of my visit to London Bethel years ago to see the wonderful new printing presses, was how miserable so many of the "shop floor" workers looked!

I was truly dismayed, because I'd thought that it must be wonderful to be in such a "spiritual" environment all the time. 

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

What the h*ll?!?!?!?!  Now I've seen it all.  I agree with above, there is NO WAY this was done in secret or by a few rogue young Bethel kids.  Nope, this is pure PR propaganda going on here.   I mean, it was filmed at ALL of the major locations of the WatchTower......the farm, Columbia Heights, Walkill, and even the brand new HeadQuarters and housing facilities.  That's a totally inside job with permissions and access to everything and every building, with the full "blessings" from the top down.  This was made to entice the unknowing youth to come slave away for the WT corporation for free during the best years of their lives building real estate holdings.  We'll see how freakin' "Happy" these young people are in 30 years or so when they are all used up and worn out, and Bethel sends them packing with ZERO benefits, retirement funds, etc.  Just a nice note to go back to their home congregations and "be warm and well fed." 

How about asking those 1200+ Bethelites who were kicked out on their bums just a few short years ago how "Happy" they are all now?  My ass!!!!!!!!

I also agree with above that a few short years ago this type of "worldly" behavior would have NEVER been tolerated.  These kids would have been rounded up in JC's and the promptly shown the door.  Can anyone imagine Knorr allowing this?  Hahahahahahaha!!  Very, very true that this religion resembles NOTHING of what I grew up in.  Totally different "feel good" BS Cult where it's members wouldn't know how to defend anything using literature or Bible at the doors.  PATHETIC!  I'm pretty much having to pick my jaw up off the floor after seeing this "brazen" behavior so openly shown and promoted, and I'm only 35.....not 50, 60, 70. 

- Wing Commander  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit