Euphemisms for cursing among JWs

by gaiagirl 23 Replies latest jw friends

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

In an effort to show that they had put on a 'new' personality, many who joined the WTBTS would adjust their speech patterns to avoid common expressions of cursing or profanity. Yet there would still arise times when they would become frustrated, angry or disgusted at someone or at a situation, and wish to express their feelings. Here are a couple of substitutes for cursing heard among JWs .....

Forget You.

Dumas (pronounced like a proper name). Useage: "Don't be such a Dumas".

Rectal Orfice. Useage: "That householder was such a rectal orfice".

Any more?

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

They will be "born again as bird dung" or they'll make "good born again bird food".When Born again Christians reject the 'kingdom message' that JW's bring to their home.

"Crank it" for F**K It. "Babylonish practices" for oral sex among married couples,heard that one in a public talk at the Campton New Hampshire Kingdom Hall. Give me more time i 'll think of some more...

alt http://www.lawfulmoney.com/nlm/_discjw/00000003.htm Kingdom Hall (Jehovah's Witnesses)

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Growing up in my household, My P.O. father, and my mother never used euphemisms. They were more than content to use the real words. F*ck You was a common occurence between my parents, with the usual B*tch, Bastard, and kiss my A*s thrown in for good measure, and those words were especially dramatic during the physically violent times as well....

As for myself growing up in the org. Phooey, and Poo, and shoot, were at the top of the list.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    My P.O. father, and my mother never used euphemisms. They were more than content to use the real words. F*ck You was a common occurence between my parents, with the usual B*tch, Bastard, and kiss my A*s

If I didn't know better, ohiocowboy, I'd say we grew up in the same house.

Ciara

• talesin
    talesin

Shoot (sh*t)

Horse-puckey (bull shoot)

Flock off! (F off)

Cheezzze & Rice (Jesus Christ)

Darn

Heck

My favorite was "son of a female dog" (bitch) hahahahaha

Same as the rest of the world who likes to use euphemisms instead of the 'real' curse words, in my experience.

talesin

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Euphemism's for cursing among JWs

Yes, I think it would be healthy for them. I'm for cursing among JWs, too. Put me down as a "yes."

;-)

SNG

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

This Euphemism is with you, SNG!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Flang = Damn

Shmoe = Hell

Eample usage: "Flang 'em all to shmoe" was used in the place of Damn them all to hell.

• Farkel
    Farkel

My dub mother continues to use the expression "when the fit hit the shan."

The Mormons also have their faux swear words: "crud", "shoot", "Jeeeez", "What in the Sam Hill is going on?", and "dang" are often used instead of the real thing.

Farkel

• wasasister
    wasasister

As a teen, I was corrected for using common expressions such as "that sucks" or "you turkey" because such were associated with sexual acts. Of course, as the innocent child I was, I was completely unaware that these were sexual terms...at least until the elders clued me in.

In trying to protect my sweet little mouth, they opened up a whole new curiosity for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit