Supposed Rape of Iraqi Women by US Soldiers a Fake

by Yizuman 8 Replies latest social current

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Source: http://www.avn.com/index.php?Primary_Navigation=Articles&Action=View_Article&Content_ID=82983

CYBERSPACE - A published report says graphic images of American GIs raping and sexually abusing Iraqi women were actually produced by U.S. and Hungarian adult Websites - who may not have known the images had been picked up and used as propaganda by at least two Arabic-language Websites protesting the U.S. war in Iraq.

World Net Daily said that two sites - Albasrah.net and a site by the Committee for the Defense of Saddam Hussein posted in Tunisia - posted the images in addition to the now-notorious images of American troops abusing Iraqi prisoners of war.

"Iraqi sources told WND that while they now understand the rape photos are fake, they fear incidents of sexual assault and rape by coalition troops may have occurred or could occur," wrote WND free-lance reporter Sherrie Gossett May 4.

"The Tunisian site described the photos as the 'unedited' versions of actual events and Albasrah ran the photos under the heading 'The Abu Ghraib Prison Photos,' indicating they had received the photos via e-mail," WND said. But the news Website said they discovered the rape and sex abuse images actually came from Iraq Babes, based in the U.S., and Sex In War, based in Hungary, with the Iraqi women depicted portrayed by actresses.

Iraq Babes is said to be registered to Linda MacNew of MacNew Enterprises, a Pennsylvania company, and affiliated to VelocityHosting.com. MacNew did not return a call for comment from AVNOnline.com as this story went to press. Nor was AVNOnline.com able to reach Sex In War registrant Activ Studio KFT, based in Budapest.

But Gossett quoted MacNew as saying she did not know Iraq Babes images were being used as anti-war propaganda until WND contacted her. "That's one of our client sites," MacNew told Gossett about Iraq Babes. "If they're legal photos, I can't just shut them down because of that. I need to investigate this. I appreciate you letting us know."

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

bttt Yiz

• Simon
    Simon

Yiz. I think it is wishful thinking to suppose it's all a fake. No doubt there are *some* fake pictures but this doesn't mean that the offenses didn't happen.

From the Senate Armed Services committee who interviewed Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld:

Graham, a veteran of the House Judiciary Clinton impeachment hearings in 1998, had his sound bites honed to a sharp, quotable edge: ?I want to prepare the public. The worst is yet to come in terms of disturbing events.?
    A few minutes later, Graham told a press conference, ?We?re talking about rape and murder here, we?re not just talking abut giving people a humiliating experience, we?re talking about rape and murder and some very serious charges.?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4925942/

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Yiz. I think it is wishful thinking to suppose it's all a fake. No doubt there are *some* fake pictures but this doesn't mean that the offenses didn't happen.

Read this: Just because there are no facts backing this up...and the "facts" used before were proven to be faked...that doesn't mean it's not true.

As for reports by Graham, who was talking well out of turn...well, we'll see what it brings.

There HAVE been assaults against American female soldiers by their male counter parts, and, while limited, it's a bad thing still yet. I wonder how many rapes, and assaults occur in any given week in a city of 1 million people.

• Simon
    Simon

yeru, once again you are trying to excuse the inexcusable.

People in a city of 1 million people are not all trained and supposedly have some command stucture.

It seems bizarre to me to assume that people who would rape their comrades and fellow soldiers would *not* rape people that they show even greater distain for in a country they are occupying.

But I know, in your eyes the army can do no wrnog and no soldier can ever commit a crime and even when they do, it does not compare to the same crime done by civilians, yada yada.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

You seem to expect perfect performance out of American forces, yet don't hold the rest of the world to that same standard.

Have americans raped Iraqi women...perhaps, but I doubt it...most never had access to them...not in a situation that would allow them to rape...it's certainly not a wide spread problem.

My point in bringing up the city of a million is to point out that the crime rate of American Soldiers is lower than in the population at large. That speaks to their training Simon. Instead of making accusation...why not wait for the facts to come out...Seems the US has been doing a good job of policing itself so far.

• Simon
    Simon
    You seem to expect perfect performance out of American forces, yet don't hold the rest of the world to that same standard.

Where have I said that I don't hold the rest of the world to the same standard? That it's OK for non-Americans to rape women? Don't make rediculous statements!

Besides, aren't you the one who has always insinuated that American soldiers are more honourable than the average person? Haven't they gone their with the 'ideal' of promoting American ideals and so, should they not be held to that standard?

Have americans raped Iraqi women...perhaps, but I doubt it...most never had access to them...not in a situation that would allow them to rape...it's certainly not a wide spread problem.

And you are speaking with what authority exactly? Given that the president didn't know what was going on then I don't really rate your chances as being an authoritative voice on this.

My point in bringing up the city of a million is to point out that the crime rate of American Soldiers is lower than in the population at large. That speaks to their training Simon. Instead of making accusation...why not wait for the facts to come out...Seems the US has been doing a good job of policing itself so far.

Again, you fail to look at the bigger and more important picture. Those soldiers where sent there with one of the specific mandates of "winning hearts and minds" and convincing people that "the American way" was better, that the people are an example to be immitated. For these things to occur in spite of this beggars belief both because of the lack of discipline of the soldiers involved and the lack of command of those in charge.

As they have said, we haven't heard the *real* bad news ... yet.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Besides, aren't you the one who has always insinuated that American soldiers are more honourable than the average person? Haven't they gone their with the 'ideal' of promoting American ideals and so, should they not be held to that standard?

I haven't insinuated that American Soldiers are noble, I have INSISTED they are. That's why any of these reports piss me off so much...one is too many...I wanna grab the folks that do these things and piss in their eye sockets. I'm also angered that the press focuses so much on the few bad apples, and the vast amount of good being done is missed. The trully noble ones are over looked, unless you happen to be a Pat Tillman...who spent about three days in the lime light after his death...to be sublanted by seven IDIOTS who knew better in spite of their protestations to the contrary. It also bothers me that many seem to latch on to these stories with such glee without acknowledging the good that's being done. You're a nice guy Simon, screwed up on Politics...but a nice guy. Thanks for hosting the board.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Since based on past experience there's a good chance that some or all of this won't show when I hit reply, here's some interesting observations:

I believe that last comment to the article about "They killed us like rats" sums up my feelings on this issue of the Iraqi Prison Horror:

"And this is right, of course. It does represent someting disgusing, and America should--and will--make sure (which is easier said than done amid the chaos of war) that it doesn't happen again.

But the media feeding frenzy and shamless political grandstanding that has hyped these criminal actions into a PR disasert for the US military is more than unseemly--it vergs on self destructive psychosis."

http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/weblog.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit