A Coldhearted and Hatefilled "Religion".

by Sunspot 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Hi Sunspot,

You may b interested in a new book being published right now regarding Hitler and the Watchtower. It is by Dr. James Penton. He wrote the book, "Apocolypse Depayed," a very honest and detailed history of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is a must read and highly complements Ray Franz's books.

Jim Penton is a former JW ... and a professor of History at the University of Toronto, Canada. He is now retired ... but has written a number of books. You can be sure that his treatment of the JWs will be honest, fair, and balanced ... but, it is a book that I think many ex-JWs should read.

Jim W.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Jim!

I've heard about Penton's books ever since I learned to use the computer, although I haven't read one as yet! I'm re-reading COC because when I first got it I must not have been emotionally ready for it and it hurt too much to really take it all in and get the full impact of what he was saying. It was right after I had decided to DA myself and I had a lot of issues to deal with at the time.

I also have Ray Franz' second book " In Search if Christian Freedom" sitting right here to be read when I'm finished with COC, so I'll be kept quite busy!

I hope you're doing well and taking care of yourself......we think you're a pretty special guy, if ya don't mind me saying so (blush)!

Thanks for your comment........

Big hugs,

Annie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

RIGHT ON ANNIE...I'M WITH YOU ON THIS ONE...

AND DANNY TOO

I have NO FEAR of the Jehovah! If the God of the Watchtower is the one true God,and if JW's are to ,"inherit the earth".

I DON'T WANT TO BE THERE !

This was my very thought at the end of my WT daze...The thought of being controlled by those "princes of the earth" (the elders) in the new earth sounded like some sort of hellish nightmare... Ever notice those women in the pictures of the new earth? They still didn't look like they were letting their hair down--no earth mamas there--noticed many of them were still wearing high heals and modest skirts (My dream was of running naked down beaches with flowers in my hair). OK, maybe that is a bit too much info... Guess I never did fit the picture.

cybs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit