Do you REALLY know how crazy J. Rutherford was?

by gumby 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Do you REALLY know how crazy J. Rutherford was?

No I never met the guy, and frankly after what i've heard about him, I am glad I never will either.

• gumby
    gumby

No I never met the guy, and frankly after what i've heard about him, I am glad I never will either.

Awww come on Branda....be a sport! You and da judge would have made a darlin couple. Just think...you could have lived a life of luxury..limo's, all the booze you wanted, recognition, and all you woulda had to do was share him along with his mistress/s. Then....you coulda divorced him, took all his dough, and hooked up with ol' gumby and we coulda lived happily ever after eating those cinnimon cookies from the Netherlands ( I can't tell you about the sheep thing though)

Hugs,

Gumby

• AlanB
    AlanB

Does anyone have a scan of the original news article.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It seems to be taken as a given fact that JFR was a drunk, even an alcaholic. I have no reason to say that this is not true, but in order to make the information "useable" one needs to quote a reference and credible source information.

So, can anyone give me a definate source of this belief??

• onacruse
    onacruse

gumby, after wading through page after page of Rutherford's venom, I describe his influence as TOXIC. Gawd, it's just more than a human should be expected to tolerate.

It reminds me of an 'illustration' that was used in more than one talk that I earnestly approved:

"Put a frog in a pot of boiling water, and it will immediately jump out. But, put that same frog in a pot of cool water, and it will gladly swim about and enjoy its new environment. Turn on the heat, and the frog will become increasingly uncomfortable, but will try to adapt. Finally, it boils to death."

Fits Rutherford to a tee, and also the ambience of the WTS that is (deny it though they will) a direct result of the antisocial and pathological psychology of that perverted man.

Craig

• Preston
    Preston

Wasn't there an "account" in the watchtower where he disapproved of the way the cook did his food so he fired him and did it himself? hmmmmm.....

• badboy
    badboy

PReston,sounds interesting!

• DebraDoll
    DebraDoll

WOW! That "palatial residence on Staten Island, camouflaged as essential to the broadcasting station WBBR" refered to by WF Salter (http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040309/HISTORY2/9999415), was MINE!! I was raised in that house formerly owned by WBBR! My Granddad purchased it from the society in 1957. I now write short stories about it (I am drawn to it still in my heart and vivid dreams-there were tunnels burried underneath as a route for escaped slaves to come to this once "safe house" built by a Captain Cole, which was the reason behind the original name of the place "The Capt Cole House.") It was located on Woodrow Rd on Staten Island, next to the Woodrow Methodist Church (Matching, identical Greek Revival also built by Cole, he is burried, alongside his family, there on the church grounds, as is my Grammy.)

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Awww come on Branda....be a sport! You and da judge would have made a darlin couple. Just think...you could have lived a life of luxury..limo's, all the booze you wanted, recognition, and all you woulda had to do was share him along with his mistress/s. Then....you coulda divorced him, took all his dough, and hooked up with ol' gumby and we coulda lived happily ever after eating those cinnimon cookies from the Netherlands ( I can't tell you about the sheep thing though)

Gumby, How could you even suggest such a disgusting thing.

It took me almost a month to recover from the shock. Me and the judge ?

I thought you liked me.......

Now I am thinking that you only wants to spent my money.....

--just kidding ofcourse - saw your comment not before today.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

How kind of Rutherford to "House Sit" the nice house until the prophets return.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit