Elder Telephoned

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest social humour

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Got a call from an Elder in my previous congregation.

As tonight is meeting night, he enquired, "Do you have anything on tonight"?

I was sorely tempted to reply, "Yes, a leotard made of Spanx"!!!

He would not have taken it well, so I just said 'No'!

• Simon
    Simon
    Must ... make ... mental image ... disappear ... argh !!!
  • thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    haha! I have to say I'm confused by the call though. What did that question mean and why was it from your old hall and not current? 
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

I think the JW grapevine is spreading 'gossip' of a certain couple who may be missing meetings - and perhaps even worse things!

He knows full well that I gave a reasonable excuse for coming off the M.S. in his congregation, so he's probably trying to see if I've enrolled again.

I will enrol again - after Antony Morris III appears on JW Broadcasting wearing a lycra catsuit covered in diamente JW dot Org buttons!

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    I think the JW grapevine is spreading 'gossip' of a certain couple who may be missing meetings - and perhaps even worse things!

I hate the "investigations" they do. Calling around, browsing FB and other social medias. It's completely nuts!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

He now knows you are missing Meetings, for sure ?  He will report to the Elders in your current Congo.

I'm sure you know all this and have plans in place ?

The Thought Police are after you.

Also, as Monty Python has it, No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Be prepared. (even if you never were a Boy Scout).

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Thanks Phizzy.

After my experiences with the BoE's in my last two congregations, I now know that JW Elders are simply tools of the Org and zealous to exercise their power whenever possible. On that basis, I will simply decline any offers of "help" from my current BoE's and continue keeping them at arms length.

Thankfully, the new congregation (including the Elders!) is oozing tiredness and apathy more than I've seen anywhere, so I'm confident about our fade!

• stan livedeath
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

"Oozing tiredness and apathy..."

Now that's what I like to hear.

I have found if you remain pleasant and appear disappointed that you can't see them, they quickly lose interest.

Good luck withnthe fade.

• andrekish
    andrekish

This vid takes me back a bit and it's really funny.

Hope this isn't spamming as I'm unsure what is a fair amount of posting here but what's said here reminds me of when I was Mormon ward clerk and took all of the minutes at the bishopric meetings at a congregation in the UK..  Ethically I am still under my promise to not reveal personal details anywhere, but can justifiably state from direct involvement that some of what was said and agreed behind closed doors was very questionable indeed.

They tried to dig into members' personal lives where it was just not their business to do so. It was horrible to witness from behind the closed doors. Some of it genuinely bordered on the perverse. Since I physically wrote down what was being said I had time to comprehend what was being said.  I bear no ill-will to Mormonism what-so-ever, it didn't cause me harm, luckily, unlike has happened to quite a few folks on here with Jehovah's Organization.  

To any of you folks getting the butt end of this type of abuse can I recommend Monty Python's stuff about looking on the bright side 'coz Je Suis Brian et so are my wife and kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit