Nursing Homes Exclusively For JW's.

by Englishman 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

..For around £320 / $590 per week.

http://www.jah-jireh.org/index.html

Take a peek at the application form too!

Englishman.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    ..For around £320 / $590 per week.

Yes, they've found another way to rake in the coin, and they're making sure only the well off elderly can go to these homes. My mother was in a local nursing home for a while last fall at a cost of $500 per week, and they didn't claim to be a charity.

I'm sure the cult will find a way to go after the estates of these people when they die off too.

They make me want to puke.

Walter

• Scully
    Scully
    This staffing provided only by Jehovah's Witnesses is absolutely necessary for those times when consolation and spiritual encouragement are necessary to care for the residents.

Is this even legal?? Can they have a JW-only staffing policy??

After watching the recent W-5 documentary on elder abuse in nursing homes, I'd be interested to see some hidden webcams in this place....

Love, Scully

• blondie
    blondie
    Is this even legal?? Can they have a JW-only staffing policy??

My thoughts exactly. Are they going to check and make sure they are going to all the meetings and putting the national average in field service? Also must the person be a JW or only their guardians? Must the guardians of this person be JWs or just the person? Is it legal only to offer these services to JWs? Also, is this a non-profit organization or what are they making off of this?

Blondie

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

My mother worked for Jah-Jireh. As far as vetting the status of the staff they recruit, we should all know how well the bush telegraph works. I imagine that someone of "questionable" standing just would not be considered.

Also, to clarify, these are not Watchtower nursing homes, they are a private enterprise. They are a business, and no business exists not to make a profit for the owner.

As for the standard of care provided, I cannot vouch for every staff member that works in those places now, but I have absolutely no doubts about the integrity and care with which my mother performed her nursing, before becoming a JW, and since becoming a JW. I have not brought my temper to this forum on any occasion...........yet.

• ChileanRick
    ChileanRick

Here in Chile we have a brother who is bethelist, and some years ago, he was visiting an old sister. She was very ill, and all the family (non JW) knew she would die soon. The brother was asking her for the testament (last will) and trying to get her house as a gift for the chilean branch. Her family noted she was being pressed to sign a paper and, in that moment they take the brother away from the home, and of course, they quick his ass.

We were thinking that those homes for old brothers and sisters are only an "arrangement" for getting their possesions. What do you think?

ChileanRick

• IT Support
    IT Support

I thought this was a wonderful comment:

Have a Share in Their Care

We would like to thank all who have made donations towards the care of our elderly brothers and sisters. Sadly we are now seriously under-funded by the local government authorities, therefore charitable giving for the elderly appears to be the only way forward. However, it?s amazing to think that just a 50p donation per month from each publisher would enable us to provide for all the elderly ones on our waiting list. Once again, please accept our heartfelt appreciation for your kind help.

In other words, they're looking for an extra £60,000 per month!

Plus they want local publishers to make donations towards the purchase of new homes...

Regards,

Ken

• Wallflower
    Wallflower
    Also, to clarify, these are not Watchtower nursing homes, they are a private enterprise. They are a business, and no business exists not to make a profit for the owner.

But according to the web site they have a charity registration number, so how is this possible?

Oh, it's just like the WBTS, they are are a profiteering enterprise, but they also claim to be a charity - a charity registration number each Kingdom Hall in the UK (thx Englishman)

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

(Got my forty homey speaking into small tape recorder)---"Note to self, stop at Jireh-Jah and commence looting and sexual predatory plans!"

• Rick Aust
    Rick Aust

How do you know the cost? I looked at the web site and I couldn't see anyprices. please advise.

Also.. I once saw a Web site where the WTS were selling their old (12 months old) cars, which the CO's were using. does anyone know if this site is still around?

regards rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit