Has the WT ever specifically said in print that GB is NOT the FDS in contradiction of current position?

by Pubsinger 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Just out of interest.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Yes. The org has written many times that the GB was part of the FDS, therefore not the FDS. It was written that the GB was the mouthpiece of (or spokesman for) the FDS and that the FDS was all the anointed on earth as a group, whereas the domestics were the anointed viewed as individuals..
  • Listener
    Listener
    Magnum is correct.  There is even a detailed Watchtower article that ridiculed anyone teaching that the FDS was only the GB.  Sorry but I don't have the time to find it at the moment. 
  • Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Yeah I suspect that they'd say that they were now just clarifying the definition not contradicting it.

I suppose I was hoping for some quote that said explicitly 'The GB itself is not the FDS'
    Too much to ask for I expect lol

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    Oooh Listener, that could be just wha I was looking for!
  • R. Jerome Harris
    R. Jerome Harris

The WTBTS - to my knowledge - has never specifically said in print that the GB are not a part of the FDS. Prior to the formation of the WTBTS, Charles Taze Russell (Who founded the International Bible Students Association) was soley considered to be that FDS; no thought was given to a body of men making up a FDS.

The FDS - as when described by the WT in the beginning - were to be viewed as the channel or source of spiritual instruction and "representatives of Christ."

There is a serious problem with this view as Jesus taught at John 14:6 that "he" was the way, the truth and the life and that no one comes to the Father but by him.

When an organization enters in and makes itself a representative of Christ and teaches that it is the channel or source of spiritual instruction then it has usurped the role of Christ and it has made itself, "the way, the truth and the life."

There is an insertion and imposition of an organization and a body of men in between mankind and its rightful Owner, Christ Jesus.

Plus we have no teacher (source of spiritual instruction) other than Christ himself. No body of men or organization can be that teacher. 

Cain killed his Brother Abel. In a proverbial sense today, religious organization and the men that sit at the top of them have killed Christs teachings and rendered them of no account to the people of the world. It has created a form of Christlike teaching that is false and it has stolen his property that he died for, mankind and treats it as its own.

No 144,000 or anointed thereof exists in this time period. They have not arrived yet and will not arrive until the destruction of this existing world and the promised resurrection occurs. As long as this current world exists, no 144,000 can arrive. Many have been attempting to place them in a time period where they do not belong. They are all of a future time period.

It is men - arrogant and stubborn men - who have an unquenchable thirst to exercise power and control over the household of Christ. And, they have succeeded.

Jesus NEVER taught that the Faithful and Discreet Slave are of the anointed. It is men who are teaching this.

Jesus asked the simple question at Matthew 24:45, "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?"

It is very easy to see who are and who are not faithful and discreet slaves.

In his absence and within Jesus' household there would exist two types of slaves (servants): A faithful and discreet slave and an evil (unfaithful) and non-discreet slave.

A faithful and discreet slave would have remembered and obeyed what Christ taught at Matthew 24:42 and would have been careful and cautious (discreet) not to move forward on his own accord and teach something different from what his Master said at Matthew 24:42.

An unfaithful (evil) and non-discreet slave would ignore what the Master taught at Matthew 24:42 and would move forward teaching what the Master did not.

The faithful and discreet slave would not be teaching that the Master returned and took kingdom power on a certain date (1914). The faithful slave would have remembered what the Master said, "YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming" and they would be watchful.

The unfaithful and non-discreet slave has announced a time/date (1914) as the time when the Lord came. This slave has not been watchful because since it has announced the date of the Lords coming and believes he is already here,  there is no need to be watchful anymore. This is in direct conflict with what Christ taught at Matthew 24, 36, Matthew 24:42 and Acts 1:7. (see Matthew 24:50)

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave? I submit to you: Which of the two slaves within Jesus' household would be concerned with dates, times and seasons? It was the unfaithful (evil) slave.

The faithful slave was not concerned about dates, times and seasons because he knew what the Master said at Matthew 24:42 (YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming). And so the faithful slave would have simply been in expectation (faithful) of the Lords return but not knowing when he would return.

The unfaithful and evil slave was concerned with times, seasons and dates. How do I know this? Because at Matthew 24:48 this slave would say in his heart, "My master is delaying."

If this evil slave would feel that his Master is delaying, then he must have been EXPECTING him to arrive at a certain time.

The WTBTS had announced prior to the arrival of 1914, that Christ would return and take kingdom power over the earth. Their publications prior to that year is power testimony enough about that fact.

Yet Jesus told his slaves, "Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming."

So, who really is the faithful and discreet slave? Answer: It is not the WTBTS or anyone in it.

The faithful and discreet slave are ANY who have been faithful to what Christ said at Matthew 24:42 AND along with that they will be identified by the "beating" they will receive by the powerful and far more numerous evil slave.

The beating of the faithful and discreet slave is not a literal beating. It is anguish inflicted upon the faithful and discreet slave for his/her stand on "being watchful" and not knowing when their Master will return.

The evil and non-discreet slave will be aggressive and insist that the Master return when THEY predicted he did. (1914)

When the events surrounding 1914 do not come to pass as the evil slave had thought and taught, the beatings upon the faithful slave will intensify. Deep down in its heart, the evil slave will know that the faithful slave was correct what will never admit it and will do all he can to shut up the mouths of the faithful slave from exposing the evil slave and its false teachings.

Behold the evil slave: The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. 1914 has proved to be a failed prophecy. As I stated, the time period for the 144000 is not at present but yet future.

Jesus told his slaves: "Keep on the watch, therefore, because YOU do not know on what day YOUR Lord is coming."

This statement made by Jesus shows that the WTBTS (who says it knows when the Lord arrived) is NOT the Faithful and Discreet Slave nor is any member within it. Neither is any "organization" on earth.

There are persons - like myself - who are no longer attached to any religious organization who have placed faith in Christ and what he said at Matthew 24:42 and who expose the evil slaves EVERYWHERE (not just the WTBTS) and we take a beating for that stand. Persons like myself represent a threat to them.

• Splash
    Splash

There's the phrase they used extensively:

*** w10 9/15 p. 23 par. 8 “Your Leader Is One, the Christ” ***
    In this time of the end, Christ has committed “all his belongings”—all the earthly interests of the Kingdom—to his “faithful and discreet slave” and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men. (Matt. 24:45-47) The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Wouldn't disagree with anything you said RJH

Was just looking for a simple 'one line' contradiction of their current position which 'proves' that their current claim is just nonsense.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    When Listener has some time he may be able to point me to the article he meant. I'm in no rush!
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    "Witnesses of Jehovah understand that the "slave" is comprised of all anointed Christians as a group on earth at any given time during the 19 centuries since Pentecost. Accordingly, the "domestics" are these followers of Christ as individuals. 

Some readers may feel that this is a rather sectarian view of matters. Or they may object to the idea that the "slave" and the "domestics" represent the same class, one as a composite body and the other as individuals. The objectors may arguethat not all of Christ's anointed disciples have a share in preparing the spiritual food, so that perhaps the "slave" pictures only the leading ones, and the "domestics" those they serve in the congregation. 

There is no point in trying to force an interpretation of the parable. Self-deception is of no benefit and is spiritually damaging. Therefore, we must look to the Scriptures for an understanding. In doing this, what do we find? 
    [ ... ] 
    Thus we see a clear Scriptural basis for saying that all anointed followers of Christ Jesus make up God's "servant," with Jesus as its Master." Watchtower1981 Mar 1 pp.24-26

Pulled this from the jwfacts article on the FDS.  The 1981 WT (during the ray franz apostasy scare) specifically describes the idea that only the leadership is the FDS as an apostate teaching.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit