Why does God allow people to develop 'forbidden' special powers?

by SM62 197 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dolphman
    dolphman

I had a run in with the paranormal/supernatural, after many years of atheistic belief and attitude. My girlfriend witnessed it, and continues to witness it.

After leaving the JWs i pretty much gave up on all things spiritual. However, about a year or two ago i started meditating in order to relieve stress. Nothing happened at first but there would be times when i feel like i was vibrarting, kind of like a washing machine does. Or i would feel a sensation of some kind. I didn't pay much attention to it.

One night after falling asleep i woke up in the middle of the night with my girlfriend staring at me quite perplexed. She asked me what the hell was i doing and I said nothing. I had been sleeping. According to her i had been doing "yoga". I was doing weird movements with my arms and my hands were doing some sort of sign-language. I had no memory of it.

Needless to say i decided to pursue it a little further. I would meditate, and gradually my hands, then arms, then my entire body would assume yoga-positions. I've never been to a yoga class, and yet i would move around like i was in a yoga class. Headstands, arched backs, you name it, followed by weird hand gestures.

One day i began speaking. It wasn't English. It was Sanskrit. My girlfriend typed the words into google and the results came back "Sanskrit Mantra" the words were "Ham Tham" "Sa-Ham" things like that. Crazy. I've never had one lesson in the ancient language of India.

Well, that triggered that night an avanlance of paranormal phenomena. I began breathing very hard and deeply and lost all concious control of myself. I didn't even have to meditate to bring it on, it happened by itself. I began rambling in Sanskrit, doing all the postures, hand movements, etc...I began crying uncontrollably and laughing and yelling. It was horrible.

I thought i was under demonic attack. After years of trying to de-program myself from JW thought control, i found myself in front of my computer on the JW website. I thought i was fighting for my life at the time. I managed to not call a JW elder, although i certainly thought about it. I said Jehovah Jehovah Jehovah over and over again. I even called an old friend who recommeded me to head to the Catholic church and get an exorcism.

The night wore on and eventually the symptoms stopped, although I kept crying. We went to an emergency room. I thought maybe i was having a nervous breakdown, a schizophrenic episode or something. The doctors and psychiratrist found nothing wrong with me. They did reccomend seeing a therapist with a background in Yoga, which is what I started doing.

I eventually found out what happened is what the Hindus and Yogis call a "kundalini awakening". Its a long story but needless the say it's a lot like what the Christians call "Holy Spirit".

Weird huh? Well needless to say, It changed my views on the supernatural for good. The good news is I don't have to become a JW again. Instead, I'm seeing a hindu renunciate who helps people undergoing these experiences. I've been able to control them now.

I'm going to be undergoing some medical studies done by a Psychiratrist and members of the University of Washington. They're going to hook me up to a machine and monitor my brain-waves when i undergo these experiences. Apparently they've tested other people who undergoes the same experiences I do and they've discovered that the brain will often shift erraticaly and sometimes even register waves that are reminiscent of someone in deep sleep, although the patient is awake.

In any case, as far as proof goes the best i could is take a lie detector test and show you what happens to me. When i'm speaking sankrit or doing yoga postures, it's happening without my concious control of it. Whether or not you want to believe me is up to you. In any case, I could care less. It's not the same experience as seeing ghost or talking to the dead, but i'm certainly at a place in my life now where i no longer think those experiences are impossible to have happen.

a former sceptic,

dolphman

• Xena
    Xena

Some people are happy just believing rem, is that such a bad thing? Why make such an issue of it?

As for test, perhaps they just haven't found the right tests to prove these things to the point of where you will be satisfied. As I stated before there appear to be things that science can't prove or disprove, perhaps in time they will. 100 year ago could they have proven things we take for granted now?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Xena,

Let me try another outrageous claim to see if I can get you to see my point -

"THE MONEY IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT BELONGS TO ME."

Agree or disagree?

• Xena
    Xena

depends Nathan....are you the IRS?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Dolph

That is really interesting. I read quite few kundalini rising experiences, but it's more interesting to read it coming from you, being republican and all Really. It's good that you don't feel the need to prove anything to the ghost busters. Not that i have anything against the ghost busters, their pitchforks and torches, or anything

• SM62
    SM62

Dolphman,

I believe you. Why would you make it up? I have every reason to think you are 100% genuine and these things really happened. I don't know why others find it so hard to believe. You don't have to experience something to believe it. One thing - I would love to know why you had this experience and not me. What sets you apart as someone who can have such an experience. I wish I could say I have been through something similar, but I haven't. I'd love to hear how you get on after you have had all the tests in Washington.

Terri

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Dolphman,

OK, something happened to you.

What does that prove?

I have heard of kundalini experiences, and I've read some of the stuff Stanislaus Grof wrote about it and his "holistic breathwork." Has your experience been of any greater value to you than a heart attack (a pretty trippy experience in itself) or an epileptic siezure would have been?

With your new ability in Sanskrit, can you translate ancient documents? Why not?

I think that one of your underlying beliefs - this is not intended as a personal attack - is that your body is without defects, therefore the sounds you made had to be a language, not just weird noises, and the postures you assumed had to be yoga postures, not the writhing of a person experiencing a siezure.

I do not see any basis - given what you have told us - to conclude that your experience was any kind of supernatural experience or proves the existence of a "spirit realm".

Here's an example - CarefullyFaded had a bad nitrous trip. He talks about it here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/64914/1.ashx He saw it as a bad nitrous trip, not a special revelatory experience.

What more mundane explanations might there be for your "awakening kundalini"?

Is it important to you that this should be of "special" significance?

What if - perish the thought - the docs do a CAT scan and find that a brain tumor is causing this stuff?

Would you want it removed?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Does anyone remember scientists, of some sort, declaring that the locomotive would never work because the human body could not withstand speeds over 35 miles per hour?

I wish I knew where to look that up.

Point is it?s amazing how far science has come in such a short time. It might not be so far away that scientists see evidence of things they can?t see now for what ever reason. ?Trees?forests?...perhaps

• dolphman
    dolphman

saint satan, we've really agreed on anything. It's nice that we finally have a chance to. Thanks.

I'm willing to undergo any ghostbuster tests, although I'm not sure how they would measure something like this. But all the usual psychological and lie detector type stuff would form some basic research groundwork. In any case, I'll keep people informed on this stuff if they're interested. I think funding is a problem right now. The main psychologist is in LA and has to travel up here to do the studies. But in any case, I'm willing to donate my body anytime to research. But the fact is, it's a very odd for me to advertise it. Most people would consider me a loon to begin with.

As far as why this has happened to me and not others, it comes down to a couple of things. This is what the person i've been seeing had to say:

1. Doing certain martial arts (Tai Chi), yoga can sometimes trigger a kundalini

2. Being in contact with someone who has an active one.

3. Asking for "the Truth" (otherwise intense prayer).

Since I did none of these things, it even makes my experience more unique. It then comes down to this. If it's truly a spontaneous experience it's more likely that:

1. Something I did in a past life is being rewarded in this life with a chance at what the buhddist call "enlightenment". (I've reconsidered my notion of past lives now)

2. God's will for me. Destiny.

So we'll see. I wouldn't recommend people inviting this sort of experience. I wish it had never happened. If you read about people who really undergo this stuff, they'll say the same thing. In a way, you have to kill yourself (ego). And the problem is, you have no say in the matter. If you ever run across somebody who teaches kundalini yoga, get away from them. They're crazy or full of sh*t. It's much better to meditate on a rock and practice Zen to reach a high state of spirituality, rather than go crazy with madness. I very well could've ended up in an insane asylum.

• dolphman
    dolphman

OK nathan here it goes:

I can't transform ancient documents. However, for whatever reason during deep meditative states my vocal chords emit sounds called "Bija" syllables. If you look up "Bija" on the Internet you'll notice that these aren't actually words per say (they do have meanings) but more or less primordial sounds that in Sanskrit mean spiritual concepts. You've heard of "OM" right? It's the sound people use when meditating. You would never see "OM" in a written sentence. Only in a Mantra. Because "OM" by itself is "seed syllable", used only by itself or as part of a longer Mantra.

In addition to "Bija" mantras, i've also spoken entire mantras, things such as "Om Ham Tham Tham Krim Krim" etc..etc..

You have to understand that it isn't my intellectual, rational mind that is saying these things. It's what some psychologist would call my "super-conciousness". Therefore, I have no ability to conciously exercise intellectual thought over the process. I speak Russian and a little Italian, and let me tell you, the part of my brain that stores the info needed to speak these languages is not the part of my brain that speaks Sanskrit.

In theory, I don't speak these "Bijas" or "Mantras" at all, but rather, my soul. I mean, that's the best explanation i can come up with. These sounds, almost a 100 percent of the time, come up as "Sanskrit" in an internet search engine. I think that's amazing, don't you think? What are the chances that during a seizure everthing you've said could come up as a foreign word, a word that coincides exactly with the state of conciousness that your in. I think that's weird.

The way i say them is important too. I'm not wheezing nor are they barely audible. they are long, slow and deliberate. Much like a real chant.

In a way it would be nice if it was just a tumor. I would gladly have it removed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit