By Their Own Words

by OneFingerSalute 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

The internet is a great tool as we all know. I found this quote from the early book Millions Now Living Will Never Die to be very interesting as it seems to be the exact opposite of what JDubya's practice. Just another example of the double-speak they engage in. I printed this out with certain words bolded to potentially use when asked why I ask questions that no good Dubya should ask. I thought it was also an interesting application of their fall-back Bible verse in Psalms about light getting brighter.

Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation. Light and truth are synonymous. They are progressive, and "the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day". (Proverbs 4 : 18)

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated.

If you believe all the teachings of the wtbts, then you will not investigate.

However, if you doubt any of the teachings of the wtbts, the wtbts will investigate you!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Magnum
    Magnum

Ooh! Good one! I'm adding that to my file. THANKS!

Error always seeks the dark, while truth is always enhanced by the light. Error never desires to be investigated. Light always courts a thorough and complete investigation. Light and truth are synonymous

JWdom seeks the dark. It doesn't want to be investigated. It doesn't like questions. It's trying to hide its history, including even some of its not-so-old publications. Its meeting formats don't allow for questions. Etc.

JWdom doesn't want to be out in the bright light where it will be exposed.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry
    The Encyclopedia Americana observes:

“The truth is often disagreeable, because it fails to support prejudice or myth.”

Seeing our beliefs exposed as untrue can be disillusioning, especially if we were taught by trusted religious leaders. Some might liken the experience to finding out that trusted parents were, in fact, secret criminals. But is not finding out religious truth better than living under a delusion? Is it not better to know the facts than to be manipulated by lies?

1995 The Watchtower, July 1, pp. 7-8
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Well, well. Isn't that a truth of all truths. "Error doesn't like to be investigated".

Now who do we know doesn't like to be investigated? Maybe the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.? Yeah, maybe them. All all the other incorporations that they go under. And maybe we should just bring this right down to the local level why don't we while we're at it shall we? Yes, I think that we should. Yes, let's see. Who else doesn't like questions? Maybe the local body of elders? Yes, that's an affirmative.

Maybe OUTLAW could have some fun with this topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit