Watchtower pollution?

by mindfield 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mindfield
    mindfield

Hi, it's been about a year I haven't posted on these forums (which have changed wonderfully, by the way... nice job Simon!). Anyhoo, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I've read a while ago that the Watchtower got sued for polluting. I think it was New York who sued a Bethel for polluting. This of course goes against their own dogma, "God shall destroy all those who destroy the Earth", or something to that effect. Could someone please refer me to some documentation proving that they do otherwise? Thank a lot!!!

• JH
    JH

Talking about pollution, last summer I saw a brother (ministerial servant, once elder) watching a ball game at a park. The bench was wet because it rained, so he took about 20 napkins to wipe the bench and get it dry to be able to sit down. I was watching him from about 100 feet away. Instead of puting these napkins in the garbage can about 30 feet away from him, he took these 20 wet napkins and threw them on the ground right below him and left them there when he left after the ball game.

The next moring he was in the field service teaching how Jehovah will destroy those who pollute the earth.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

HEY!! Long time no see. How is life treating you these days?

(Lilacs)

• mindfield
    mindfield

Hey lilacs, good to hear from you! Well, life is doing okay, things are a'changing round here, what with a tattoo in the works and such..:p I'm actually way out of the anti-JW "swing" I once was in, now I just don't care... I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but anyhoo, my aunt apparently said that Bethels have one of the top 10 best printing machines in the world in the non-polluting department, so my cousin wants me to refute that claim. Thing is, I'm positive I once saw something about some litigation against Bethel for their pollution. Hopefully someone will find it!

Hopefully everything's doing okay for you too!!

• sf
    sf

~oops moment~

• sf
    sf

Here is a thread on the topic:

PROOF at Last: WT. POLLUTES - $50,000.00 fine :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/36270/1.ashx

WT Fined $50,000 for pollution [improved scans!] :

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/36475/1.ashx

sKally

• mindfield
    mindfield

Thanks, sf, that's what I was looking for. I think I also saw some pictures of that shale mine... is there a thread somewhere containing those pictures? (I tried doing a search, but can't change pages once I do... only one page of results is given...:( )

• sf
    sf

Landgraf and Company, Inc: SWEPCO Products Customer List
    ... General Services Administration General Shale Products Corporation ... Simplex Industries
    Sinclair Oil Six Flags ... Waste Management Corporation Watchtower & Bible ...
    www.viptx.net/landgraf/references/swepcocustomers.html - Similar pages

talk.origins Monthly URL Summary (199909) ... Texaco's 3-D Pod Improving Oil Exploration : <http ... of Creation : The Burgess Shale
    and the ... homs/java15000.html> Jehovah's Witnesses: Watchtower Society Official ...
    talk.origins - Oct 1, 1999 by Wesley R. Elsberry - View Thread (3 articles)

Eestis ilmuvad perioodilised väljaanded (tähestikuline nimestik ...
    ... Endine pealkiri: 1992 Nädalaring; Oil Shale = Gorjutsie slantsõ / Eesti Teaduste ... Endine
    pealkiri: 1940-1989 Nõukogude Õpetaja; Ärgake / Watchtower Bible and ...
    erasmus.cs.ut.ee/kompress/perioodika.html - 67k - Cached - Similar pages

I will try to find the photos when I get back from running errands. Or you can use keywords from these searches to see if you can find them.

sKally

• mindfield
    mindfield

Thanks sf, again! I also found this page by looking around on jw observer...: http://epa.gov/ttn/naaqs/ozone/areas/plant/ny/pl36678x.htm

I don't know how much this shows that the WT pollute as much as any other press factory... I'll have to look into that.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I know that they used to burn any and everything in the refuse burner to heat the factory. A roomate laughed about the black smoke and disposing of hazardous chemicals in this way. They were later forced to stop by the inspectors. At the Farm likewise a large amount of asbestos was removed in a remodeling project without permits or safety equipment quietly by newbie friend of mine ordered to do it without telling. It seemed to me that because of the nature of their buisness (religion) they got away with things that other industry would never have. Perhaps this is changing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit