2015-10-26 BOE Re: Video Equipment in Kingdom Halls

by wifibandit 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

PDF

The date of the letter is October but it was just released today, 2015-12-22.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Thanks
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Amazing that the financial responsibility is that of the congregation, even though all of their money had to be sent to the society !

So where is the money when they need it ?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The foxes have dens, the birds of heavens have their roosts ... and the 7 GB fools have their videos.

Let's review: it's a cult!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Video installation in each Kingdom Hall will be the financial responsibility of the publishers who attend that Kingdom Hall

but then

Congregations will need to write the Local Design/Construction Department (LDC) using the Inbox feature of jw.org for approval to install a video system, since the addition of a video system constitutes a new element or feature of the Kingdom Hall.

YOU foot the bill, but WE get to approve it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Yeah, they're complete control freaks!

All this probably because they know not many are actually watching the vids they make on jw DOT org.

They are making it mandatory during scheduled meetings. Probably the weekly vids will refer to the other ones on the website. It's all so self-referential in a completely masturbatory way.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Two weeks ago in the Congregation where I fake it, all the men with privileges (Elders, MS and attendants) were hit up for Cash for some "off the books" TV purchases. I guess the projector that is currently working is not cool enough.

NOW this letter calls for a resolution. I wonder if the cash they already collected will be disappeared donated?

In the near future, standard video packages will be posted on the “Forms” section of jw.org that cover the video options for a Kingdom Hall and provide an appropriate video system design and equipment list. These packages have been designed to provide good-quality equipment. For this reason, it is preferred that the specified equipment be used. However, congregations may decide to acquire different equipment locally.

I wonder if they plan on making money from this equipment? What ever happened with the Dell Projector deal? Why can't the LDC pay for this and install it?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifi:

Thank you!

WTUnderground!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Thanks for posting. Hopefully this will have some Elders thinking? They just spent money 2 - 3 years ago on projection TV's. Now, they have been given "new light" and need 2 new TVs on each side of the stage? Why didn't Jehovah direct them to buy the correct TV's in the first place? Sounds like Jah and the GB are out of sync!
  • Anakin
    Anakin

Thank you Atlantis

I thought that modifications, that has to bee approved by the LCD, are costs not for the publishers, but they would provide , and minor modifications ,where elders have to decide locally.. like a replacement of a toilet... Would be paid by the publishers.

thus minor reparations: responsobility of the publishers

and now greater costs: also responsability of the publishers

and where is the money we give as congregation montly?

The purpose was also to use the money for such costs. They know it, but they know that the most of publishers will give money, without questioning...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit