Ironic Day Text from Mon., Nov. 23/15 about helping others....

by Muddy Waters 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

We've had a few threads these past couple days about how the WT does not take care of its own, how there's no love in the congregations, how they do no charitable works (supposedly because they don't want to produce "rice Christians"), and how they believe that in these last days, the literature is the most important thing people need today, this wonderful life-saving spiritual food.... Right?

Well, take a look at this recent day text:

- from EXAMINING THE SCRIPTURES DAILY - Monday, November 23, 2015 -

"Select for yourselves seven reputable men . . . that we may appoint them over this necessary matter.".—Acts 6:3. The apostles’ response to the report that certain “widows were being overlooked in the daily distribution” of food illustrates that the congregation can help to care for needy members. (Acts 6:1-5)

Paul gave Timothy instructions outlining the circumstances under which Christian widows would qualify for material assistance from the congregation. (1 Tim. 5:3-16) The inspired Bible writer James likewise acknowledged the Christian obligation to look after orphans, widows, and others in cases of tribulation or need. (Jas. 1:27; 2:15-17) The apostle John too reasoned: “Whoever has the material possessions of this world and sees his brother in need and yet refuses to show him compassion, in what way does the love of God remain in him?” (1 John 3:17) If individual Christians have such obligations toward the needy, is that not also true of the congregations? w14 3/15 3:13, 14

Hmph. Hypocrites, much??

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    (Acts 6:3, 4) . . .; 4 but we shall devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word.”
    "we" = all above the congregation
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, excuse me while I wee my knickers from laughing. It must be nice for the Gestapo Body to free of the burden of intelligence.
  • millie210
    millie210

More regurgitated nonsense.

It was years before I realized they dont actually write the daily texts. They are simply cut and paste snippets from Watchtowers of the year before.

Everyone knows that, right?

I am probably the only one who never realized....

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    its moving on from books now to tablets and i pads because it doesnt cost bethel any thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit