DF'ed arrival/departure times at meetings

by dubstepped 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I didn't want to derail another thread, but something said made me wonder. I know that I noticed DF'ed people come in right when the meeting started and leave right when it left most of the time. Is that some sort of actual rule? Is that written somewhere that "thou shalt not make people uncomfortable with your presence"? "Thou shall arriveth at the birth of the meeting and leaveth at its end"? Does someone keep a stopwatch on these poor people? It's such a sickening way to treat people overall, but telling people how long they can sit in the auditorium because they're basically lepers now seems to add another layer of awful to it.

I'm DA'd, and have NO desire to ever set foot in a KH again, but part of me hears something like that and wants to just go sit right in the middle of everyone the whole time, walk up to people to talk, and make them all as uncomfortable as humanly possible. It's so ridiculous and the assholery knows no bounds with them, I just want to let them experience it from the other side.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    It's awkward for every one involved to have a disfellowshipped person sitting in the Kingdom Hall *NOT* being talked to. It's not normal human behavior to shun another human who you know. It's especially excruciating for the disfellowshipped person, so why would they get there any earlier than they had to?
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Yeah, I understand that it is awkward. In the other thread someone mentioned an elder speaking angrily with a DF'ed person for getting there 10 minutes early. That's ridiculous. I understand that it may be awkward for the DF'ed person, but for some it may be more awkward to hide out until the meeting starts or time things to get there at the last second just so nobody has to see their shame.
  • poopie
    poopie
    I see this a lot it's disgusting and silly
  • alanv
    alanv
    There is certainly nothing written that says they must come as late as possible, and leave immediately. But the elders are well aware if the dis. person hangs around, it makes it very difficult for JWs to totally ignore the person.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I just want to let them experience it from the other side.

I know what you mean. When I was still a good terms with all the eldurrs locally I made a similar comment to one of them. I told him that every "brother" wanting to be an eldurr should be treated as a DF'd person for awhile first, and then they would be more empathetic. Of course he took exception to that. Turns out that now that I have quit running the treadmill he is a pompous, arrogant jerk, and I'm not even DF'd, though I am treated by him and his small clique of personality worshipers as if I am.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

There is no requirement that disfellowshipped or disassociated persons do this. The meetings are public, and as long as someone is not disruptive, they can come and go as they like.

CC

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    It shouldn't make any EFFing difference in the World whatever time DFd or DAd people come before the meetings. Should there be a desire to return to the fold, the elders should see this and just recognize it as such and leave him or her alone!!!
  • Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes
    My ex wants to be reinstated and was going to a hall for 6 months that had 3 congregation's. She would go to the one of three depending on her work schedule. She asked one of the elders how long it would take to get back in? He told her the 6 months of attendance doesn't count because she has to go to one hall all of the time. Can you feel the love?
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

**Can you feel the love?**

No. No love!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit